Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raverboy

Toshi 220cds Lappy & Ipcop network driver issues.

Hi guys,

Could someone please assist.

I have a spare Toshiba 220CDS lappy that i want to turn into a firwall and Internet Connection Sharing machine.

The machine currently boots IPCOP from cd-rom but the install doesn't finalise because i dont have nay Linux drivers for the Xircom re-100 10/100 realport PCMCIA Ethernet card

Bromax Iport 10/100 Pcmcia Ethernet card (p/n. BIN100-AF)

Banksia Wave sp56 external serial modem

Can anyone please advise where (if poss) i may be able to find the driver for these devices.

Thanx smile

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry - but i am a complete newbie to Linux.

Am trying to install Ipcop 1.4 from Cd onto this Toshi laptop. The Autodetect for the Xircom card fails. It beeps when switching over to PCMCIA scan but then fails to detect any cards.

I checked the website you mentioned in an attempt to find some info, but there is nothing mentioned about Linux drivers.

Ta

On that Xircom card, I had a look at one on Froogle, and I've had that same card working with 56k under Core one. You only have to configure a dialer like kppp. The only issue I had with it is that you have to snap it out, then back in when you go back on line as Fedora had to "find" it again.

I'd be willing to bet you're good to go with the Xircom. We can get this sorted. Tell me exactly where you are with all of this right now. The more detail you give, the better we can help.