Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jssywssy

the sims 2 help!!!!

I just bought the sims 2 the other day and it installed fine, but when i went to play it a message came up saying "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptersin tis system! please make sure you have a directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer." i have installed and reinstalled directx 9.0c and tried numerous times to try and fix this problem. PLEASE help me i REALLY wanna play the sims 2 and ive been saving up for weeks to get it!!!!

I need help with this too! I was so mad when it didn't work, I have been waiting for months for this game..yes pathetic I know, but I really want to play it. So someone help me too please..and maybe could you send it to my email if I forget to read this post. I just signed up, so I don't know how things work..haha..well this is my email

jami.loves.nerds@gmail.com

Thanks smile

As you can tell everyone (just about) is having the same problem...I too have problems, but I am running an intel ® So I need to just go a head and buy a diffrent graphic card...the cheapest one that will go with XP is 199.00 :x

So if you guys find something that will save me 200.00 let me know...thanks...

e-mail me, BFSfan2101@aol.com

Originally posted by SarahNH21:

Quote:
So if you guys find something that will save me 200.00 let me know...thanks...

What kind of Graphics Card are you ,looking for? (AGP, PCI-E etc.) Are you looking for a 'top of the range' one or just a decent one for a decent price?

As for your sims 2 problem? This Link might help...

Ok guys and gals:

I have the solution to all your problems. No need to upgrade your graphics card or anything else. SAVE YOUR CASH. This worked for me. If you are running a older computer and you have Windows XP, here is the solution.

After you have installed Sims 2 and you try to run it and get the following message:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I have an old Celeron which uses a Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller. If you want to check to see if you have this go to

Control Panal

System

Hardware

Device Manager

Display Adapters (Your Graphic chip should be here)

Anyway thats just info fluff; the answer to your problem follows:

After you install Sims 2 on your computer

Find the Sims Icon on your desktop

Right Click on the Icon

Choose Properties

Find the "Target" Window. It will show the following:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe"

To fix your problem just add -w at the end of the Target, like this (also incude a space between " and -w) like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" -w

Hit the apply button. Ta da, problem solved.

Now close that window and go back to you Sims Icon and click it as normal to play.

What you just did is add a switch to tell the game to play in a windows environment. Have fun!!!!! and pass it on.

I also had this problen but was easily fixed by going to mt gfx card manufactures website and downloading the latest gfx drivers then reinstall directx 9

Hey greatmover, that would be good advice but I tried doing what you said and I can't seem to find a "target" window when I'm in The Sims 2 properties. I am running on Windows XP Home Edition.

Originally posted by Greatmover:

Quote:
...If you are running a older computer and you have Windows XP, here is the solution.

After..the following message: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

After you install Sims 2...Find the Sims Icon on your desktop

Right Click on the Icon...Choose Properties...Find the "Target" Window. It will show the following:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe"

To fix your problem just add -w at the end of the Target, like this (also incude a space between " and -w) like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" -w

Hit the apply button. Ta da, problem solved...close that window and go back to you Sims Icon and click it as normal to play...What you just did is add a switch to tell the game to play in a windows environment.

I tried this solution with my Sony Viao Intel Pentium 4 and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?