Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MaryLisa79

Sims 2 Directx Problems!! So Frustrating!

Ok, Got Sims 2 for my birthday. Couldn't wait to get home from work and istall it, little did I know, I'd be on the computer for hours trying to figure this crap out.

Ok, everything installed fine. When I try to start the program to play I get this message... Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c graphic adapters in this system! Please make suer you ahve DirectX 9.0c compatible graphic adapters and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer.

Alright, so check my DirectX diagnostic tool, display page. I have Directx 9.0c installed,

Here are some specs on the display page...

Device

Name: SiS 650_651_740

Manufacturer: SiS

Chip Type: SiS 651 Rev 00

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 32.02 MB

Drivers

Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll

Version: 6.13.0010.2091

DDI Version: 7

Ok now at the bottom in the notes area it does say Hardware accelerated Direct3D 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it.

Can someone point me in the direction of the new display driver I have to get? Dying to play the game here smile

Try this:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/thread28858-1.html

Id suggest that your integrated graphics will struggle to run Sims 2. Main reason I say this is that i think the SiS650/1 gets its memory from system RAM and thus is a bit slow. You never know the game might run but just not that quickly.

Nip over to sis.com and grab the latest drivers for the 650 chipset. If I remember rightly there are a few downloads there 4 u.

Something like: IDE, chipset & AGP and graphics. Anyhow download all of the latest drivers that will help. The link above describes how to remove and reinstall DirectX too.

Its worth sorting the issue out now since this error seems to be generated from DirectX not installing properly so you will get errors on other games too. Not all, but some.

hEy guys!..i just brought the sims 2 and i have the directX problem like most of u guys do too..im dying to play this game so can anyone help me??..here's my card thing:

Device

Name: S3 Graphics Inc. SavageIX

Manufacturer: S3 Graphics Inc.

Chip Type: S3 Savage/IX

DAC Type: S3 SDAC

Approx. Total Memory: 8.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit)(60Hz)

Monitor: Generic Television

Drivers

Main Driver: s3savmx.dll

Version: 5.13.0001.7056(English)

Date: 8/17/2001 14:56:04

WHQL Logo'd:n/a

Mini VDD: s3savmxm.sys

VDD: n/a

PLZZ HELP ME CUZ I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME..:(

I couldn't wait until the Sims 2 came out so i could buy it but I have had it three weeks and haven't played nothing I am not really into computers but it says that I have to innstall Directx 9.0c graphic apadters and I have the slightest clue what that is so I have listed what my display says below and if anyone can help please let me know

Name: Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: N/A

DAC Type: N/A

Total Memory: 5.0 MB

Current Display Mode 800x600 (16 bits) 75hz

Main driver: i8l xdw9xdrv

Verison;4.13.0001.2843 English

WHQL Logo'd : Yes

Mini VDD: i8lx.vxd

VDD: xvdd, xvflatd

DDl Version: 8

And on the system information it says

Intl Celeron, 630MHZ

Memory: 62MB RAM

Dirextx Verison: Directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

So if i have Direct x install why can't i play this game please help me

You will need to buy a new graphics card. Your current graphics card is not supported by the game.

Hi all, I know that soo many people have this problem with the game. It took me soo long to scrap up loose change to get the Sims 2 and of course it won't play. I know that my video card isn't supported. So what I need to know is, what kind of a card do I buy. does it matter what brand of a computer I have, or is it one size fits all. I have a Gateway. I don't know much about the game card deal, if someone out there could help me I would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!

hi,

my name is brigid and i got sims 2, but it isn't working!!! i'm to stupid to figure it out and really want to play!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. i got a new graphic card, and my grandpa has been trying everything!I just want to know what to do!

P.S. I just got a new purse,socks, and BLUE CONVERSE!

hEy guys!..i just brought the sims 2 and i have the directX problem like most of u guys do too..im dying to play this game so can anyone help me??..here's my card thing:

Device

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit)(60Hz)

Drivers

PLZZ HELP ME CUZ I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME..

frown

Hello all, i am having the same problem as you are having ... the directx problem and compatibility issues it seems. i would greatly appreciate any help!!! Thank you

here is my card info ...

Device

Current Display Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit)(60Hz)

Drivers

- Cheryl

i just got the sims 2 and i have the same problem as ya'll and it is making me so mad i have been on this computer all day and i can't find the solution. the directx 9.0 says its loaded but the game still doesn't run please help me guys!!!!

Me too............... god d@mn i really wanna play this too.... stupid directx 9.0c not being found..... it's on too..

OK. i have installed and uninstalled this game so many times. Everytime i try to play it , i comes up with this thing that says failed to find directx thingy. ISorry for repeating everyones question but i cant seem to find an answer that actually works or makes sense. I know i have the right card because i have tested it. IT is up to date but the game still wont work. PLease help !!

I've been working for the past two days trying to get SIMS 2 operating on my PC using Windows XP and encountered the same problem(s) as many others with DirectX9C. But today, I was able to get it running! So for whatever it's worth, here is what I did.

After installing a DirectX9C compatible video card, I received the error message that the "cabinet file for installation cannot be trusted". I then downloaded the SP2 service pack 2 from the Microsoft website because it had the DirectX9C. SIMS 2 appeared to have loaded but when I tried to run it I received an error message stating that it "failed to find any DirectX9C graphic adaptors...". After running a "dxdiag" ("START", "RUN" type "dxdiag" and "OK") I confirmed that Direct9xC was loaded; however, under the "Display" tab I noticed I did not enable the "DirectDraw Acceleration", "Direct3D Acceleration", and "AGP Texture Acceleration". After enabling these features, SIMS 2 became operational.

I hope this helps some of you out because I was just about to give up.

Hi!

Sims 2 needs a graphics adapter that can handle "Transform and lighting" which is a DX9 function built into the graphics chip. Old cards like S3's with 8MB of memory are WAY too old for this game. You should at least get a Geforce FX5200. They are rather cheap.

Just make sure your computer can handle the card before you go and buy one.

to ineedhelpfast: What kind of graphics card do you have?