Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malaris

Readme's are top!

Readme's are called that for a reason-can you guess why?

It amazes me the amount of people I know who see a 'Readme' as an unnecessary file and disregard it completely.

Personally, after every installation or download I always check the 'View Readme' box for any known glitches/errors, supprot websites, tips/hints and even just basic controls or an interface tutorial.

Every problem I have, the first stop is the Readme, followed by any official website and then lastly (but not least!) I try unofficial forums and fixes (how I ended up here).

I would confidently say that around 50% of the time Readme's can solve my problem or give me any information I need. (Sure 50% doesn't sound a great deal but they aren't actually troubleshooters)

So everyone always remember this;

Readme's are top!

Actually IMHO, it's more likely that 60~75% of the issues could be resolved by reading the README text files wink

I say this because of experience, it either has some of the issues mentioned in the text file and how to resolve them and/or work-arounds and one or more web sites for support in getting the issue(s) resolved if the readme file didn't help...

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:
Actually IMHO, it's more likely that 60~75% of the issues could be resolved by reading the README text files wink

Well jmmijo, in retrospect I think I actually agree with your humble opinion, but either way it argues for my point! laugh

Correct, I always refer to readme files if/when apps or games misbehave themselves wink

However, and again this is my opinion, I think there are a lot of users that would just rather be spoon fed and told what they need to do rather then empower themselves with just a little bit of reading and knowledge laugh

Originally posted by jmmijo:

Quote:

I think there are a lot of users that would just rather be spoon fed and told what they need to do rather then empower themselves with just a little bit of reading and knowledge laugh

Hehehe I know exactly what you mean....;)

I actually enjoy trying to solve problems myself as it also allows me to get to know the layout/workings of my PC more and adds just that little bit more extra knowledge to my think box!

EDITED-Yes, I have just realised that 'think box' was perhaps the worst analogy/metaphor for my brain ever! But it's past midnight right now and I've got homework that is in for school tomorrow-jeeeez I'm gonna be a while....

Aaaah Poirot!

I may only be 16 but I remember Poirot!

While these grey cells may way be little, there sure are many people in this forum with a lot of them! Unfortunately my collection are still growing as far as most of the issues in these forums are concerned(but everyone was new once right?).

*WARNING* Tangent Imminent *WARNING*

What ever happened to David Suchet-haven't seen him on TV/movies for quite a while...

(Could anyone else have played Poirot as well, other than him?)