Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sandyt

Contacts

I use windows 98 and Outlook Express6 and I have a large address book. Yesterday I did something which lost my quick access contact box in the bottom left pane.

I got the box back again using display options but the message now appears "There are no contacts to display. Click on contacts to creare a new contact". I still have my address book and I can create new contacts but I can't find how to make the list appear again (even with new contacts).

Must be very simple to fix but the help screen aren't really.

Thank you

Your Address Book is found in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\YourName.wab

There are usually two "backups" entitled:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\YourName.wab~

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\YourName.wa~

And finally a "true" backup found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\Backup\Address Book\YourName.wab

Using Windows Explorer search for *.wa* and this will find where and under what "YourName" your .wab file is found.

You can try two different things. From within Outlook Express you could do a File import using the "true" backup and pull what is in that file into your present .wab file.

Or, using Windows Explorer, delete the YourName.wab file and then rename the YourName.wa~ to YourName.wab.