Resident Evil 2: Platinum...still more problems

YES! smile

Save games are working!

i changed my save game dir. to: C:\re2saves\

put Win98 Compatibility on ResidentEvil2.exe and LeonU.exe

now the save games load perfectly..

gawd i luv forumz

Dear Dex_86 and Ramblingman:

I had the same problem and managed to fix it using these methods. Use this only after you've attempted other ways of fixing the game such as changing compatibility modes (Win95/Win98) and by changing the save game directory using the game launcher menu.

Go to the folder where your save games directory is:

For example: C:\Program Files\Capcom\Resident Evil2

Inside that folder you should be able to see a number of Resident2 Files of about 2KB each. These are your saved game files

Cut and paste that folder with these files directly under your hard disk, so that the new path reads something like:

C:\Resident Evil2

Obviously "C:\" will vary depending on what your hard disk's name is so it could be "K:\" or "L:\" or "M:\" but for simplicity's sake, let's call it "C:\"

Now go to the Start Menu < Run and type in: regedit

This should open the Windows Registry Editor

**WARNING: Improperly editing the registry can be fatal to your system. Changing just one value incorrectly can cause program processes to malfuntion and render your computer useless. Make sure you save a back-up before attempting to change the registry. And please follow instructions very carefully. **

Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE < SOFTWARE < CAPCOM < RESIDENT EVIL2

On the right side there should be a name that says "Save Path" (usually the second to the last one on the list) right-click it and select "Modify"

Change the value data to the new location of the folder containing your saved game files (C:\Resident Evil2) and click okay.

On the game launcher, the save game directory should have been changed and now you should be able to play, save and load to your heart's content.