Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ninjapirate

Media Player not finding media info

When I download songs and play them in Windows Media Player 9 Series, it doesn't automatically find the media info, and when I click "View Album Info" it says that the feature is not available.

I have Norton Internet Security, so I was wondering if that could be what is stopping it from working. If it is, could someone tell me how to configure Norton so it lets me do this. I'm a bit of a Norton rookie - I'm more of a Zonealarm man when it comes to firewalls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help, but disabling the firewall doesn't make any difference (and I could already access the Windows Media website in Media Guide, so I don't think that was the problem). I still can't search for media info, and I can't choose to view it either. I took a screen grab of the error message that comes up, as you can see below. So I was thinking that maybe I've got a funny download of 9 series. I'll try downloading and installing it again.

WMP 10 is out now, but it seems it is only available for XP. Now I've got my new computer I don't really want to upgrade to XP just yet, if ever (mostly because 2000 requires less CPU and memory etc - even though I now have a 3.2GHz processor and 512MB RAM, I'm still a bit wary about the idea).

If anyone has any other ideas it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

ninjapirate

wmp.jpg

Apologies if it screws up the page.

I downloaded and installed 9 series again, but it makes no difference. I may have to do the unthinkable and email Microsoft asking them for help. I don't know how good their customer service is, so this should be a good way of finding out!

Or I could just wait for a 2000 version of WM10. Wasn't 9 series released for XP first, then 98/ME/2000?

Ha, you're not going to believe this. It seems that Media Player only couldn't find the media info for the two songs I tried it with - two songs I had downloaded from a P2P program. It recognises CDs and other songs etc! Funny how it took me so long to work that out. Now I feel like an idiot. :x

ninjapirate