Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2k_freak!

HElp reformat problems!!!

I recently reformated my computer but after installing windows XP from the CD from the box my com wont start!! it keeps showing "Sorry for the inconveniece Windows had.." then the chioces to boot in safe modes and last good configuration and start normally!! i tried all options then it just hangs! nth happens !! i tried restarting it again and again but dose'nt wok! how the hell do i fix it!! Pls gif me multiple solutions cause i am running for time !!!now the CD-rom drive disn't even show the boot from CD-rom option anymore!

[Edited by 2k_freak! on 2004-08-18 09:25:26]

Sounds like a hardware failure or Windows caused your hard drive to crash in the bootstrap section. Can you get into your BIOS. It is there that you can select to boot from the CD. While you are in there you want to make sure that the Hard drive is being recognized also.

Isit the thing where i press del? Stupid assembler set i bloody password now i cant get into my boot thingie! I forgot to sae that i while reformating i changed my FAT drive format into NTFS could that have caused the problem?

If you have the motherboard manual, most motherboards have a jumper that allows you to reset the BIOS settings - that should help with the BIOS access problem

Formatting the drive as NTFS shouldn't have caused Windows any major problems (unless the drive was on its way out anyway)

Rgds

AndyF

Head over to Maxtors website and grab there HD diagnostics utility. It will work for most all HD's. You will have to create a floppy with it, then restart with the floppy. You will then be able to go through some extensive testing. Might help you track down a HD problem. Good luck!

If you passworded you bios, your going to have to clear CMOS, either by jumper (make sure power is off, and unplugged), or by popping ou the battery.(same thing with the power off) for 10 seconds or so. Then reboot into the bios, and reset your clock in CMOS, then go to advanced cmos, or boot, depending on whether its an AMI or Award/Phoenix bios, and change it to boot from cdrom first. If you need to fdisk your partion, whether it be dos, ntfs, linux, or whatever, you can go to bootdisk.com, and download masterbooter,and everything else for $4. Lots of great tools there. copy mrbooter and efdisk onto a win9x bootdisk, and run efdisk, real simple, just follow the directions on screen. you can clear any partition, and reset it to whatever, so the XPdisk will format it for you. There is also programs at bootdisk.com called zap and wipe, which will right zero's to any drive, which will clean out any data that fdisk or format cant.