Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ekstreme

NEW TNT drivers!! v3.75

Oooo ye ye yeaH!!!!

hope these have been as good to me as they 3.69 were...

brb with my trials..

i just installed these drivers, and I must say, nVidia are getting something right!!

I have very little jerking in UT now, previously it was terrible; Q3 I now get an extra 7.5 FPS and the demo is shortened by over 10 seconds becasue of the increase.

And yes AGP is still enabled!

good find partner, Ill post my results soon as well, Im one of those geeks who records all of his timedemos with each drivers build for fun smile so lets see if its as good as u say smile

Well FOR ME in q2 the fps at 640x480 were the exact same at 117 FPS, and at 1024x768 ut was .2 fps faster at 71.2 FPS. But Im sure there should be some increased stability.

Good find is right! Q3 is running noticably faster on my tnt. Who needs numbers? The SOF demo still won't work, at startup the system just hangs with an hourglass with 3.75 and blue screens with 3.69. I'm using .75 right now and the soldiers are'nt getting any fortune. Or will they?

After installing the 3.75 drivers my UT won't run anymore, hangs the computer when it should switch to d3d. frown Same problem with d3d screensavers.... Haven't tried anything else, tired of rebooting. So it is back to 3.69. P.S. that works great so it must be a driver issue.

dual celeron 366@550

cl tnt1

128mb ram

lots of other stuff

just tried a few d3d apps counting dxdiag.exe, and it worked flawlessly. DO you fellas do total uninstalls of the old drivers?!? some people dont I was jsut checking. ANd SoF runs fine its been running since 3.69 for me. You fellas should try totally uninstalling ur old drivers, and then deleting the inf/pnf files in ur winnt\inf\ folders.

And I got a similiar setup so its funny that it doesnt work

Dual 366s at 562

320 megs of ram

1 TNT2ultra

1 TNT1 pci

(Multi-Monitoring)

what sound card do u have?

Just as a note, what do you consider removing old drivers? Just deleting nv*.* from the winnt and subfolders or more.

Thanks.

Damn, you're right!

3.75 just beat the crap out of 3.69 and left it bloodied outside of the system folder. Finally my UT will actually move with me getting more sound from my hard drive than in the game, hehe

thanks,

riz

I'm not sure if you play UT you'd want to try this because I haven't tried it with UT but it does work in Q3A better than the 3.75 detonator ones. Its the 3.68 NT4 opengl dll, I tested it against the new 3.75 and its still faster in Quake 3. Try it out for yourself.

http://members.home.net/pham130/nvoglnt.dll

and put it in your system32 directory in the winnt directory.

Hi

Im having an weird problem both with this 3.75 and the 3.69 drivers.

Whenever i activate an OpenGL screensaver the machine reboots at once! (not even and bluescreen, it just like someone pressed the reset button!) but i have no trouble at all with Quake engine games, they work beatiful!

When I changed the nvoglnt.dll with the one from the NT 4 drivers, the screensavers works just fine (and Quake games too, same speed also)

I'm running the final OEM release (2195) and have an Diamond TNT1 card, everything else runs just fine, D3D (like UT) is no problem at all.

Any tips someone?

How do we "UNINSTALL" the previous version drivers? I usually just "UPDATE" the drivers, why is that bad?

well, I'm still posed with my lil problem: Format required for update!!

Only up[censored] with 3.69 was I able to just update and still have full functionality, but now, hmpfh. Seems only Q3a want's me to format. *shrug* Ohh well, fixed a few other probs too, so all is good!

I installed em and they work great. I still get the occasional crash with smp though. Everyhting is enabled and Q3 is faster.

Hey, I updated to 3.75 but it isn't updated after i re-boot it still says version 3.69 ahhhhhhhh need help cause Q3A dont run has this error!

Q3 1.11 win-x86 Nov 24 1999

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\pak0.pk3 (3539 files)

C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena/baseq3

----------------------

execing default.cfg

execing q3config.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

...detecting CPU, found x86 (P5/Pentium2, MMX)

------- Input Initialization -------

Initializing DirectInput...

Couldn't set DI coop level

Falling back to Win32 mouse support...

Joystick is not active.

------------------------------------

----- Client Initialization -----

----- Initializing Renderer ----

-------------------------------

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP socket: localhost:27960

Hostname: viper

IP: 10.128.117.148

Working directory: C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena

----- R_Init -----

Initializing OpenGL subsystem

...initializing QGL

...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINNT\System32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded

...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS

...using desktop display depth of 16

...calling CDS: ok

...registered window class

...created window@0,0 (640x480)

Initializing OpenGL driver

...getting DC: succeeded

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )

...39 PFDs found

...hardware acceleration found

...PIXELFORMAT 3 selected

...creating GL context: succeeded

...making context current: succeeded

Initializing OpenGL extensions

...GL_S3_s3tc not found

...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add

...using WGL_EXT_swap_control

...using GL_ARB_multitexture

...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array

...WGL_3DFX_gamma_control not found

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation

GL_RENDERER: RIVA TNT2/PCI

GL_VERSION: 1.1.5

GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_weighting GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 1024

GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 2

PIXELFORMAT: color(16-bits) Z(16-bit) stencil(0-bits)

MODE: 3, 640 x 480 fullscreen hz:60

GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits

CPU: x86 (P5/Pentium2, MMX)

rendering primitives: single glDrawElements

texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST

picmip: 1

texture bits: 0

multitexture: enabled

compiled vertex arrays: enabled

texenv add: enabled

compressed textures: disabled

Initializing Shaders

...loading 'scripts/base.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_button.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_floor.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_light.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_object.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_support.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_trim.shader'

...loading 'scripts/base_wall.shader'

...loading 'scripts/common.shader'

...loading 'scripts/ctf.shader'

...loading 'scripts/eerie.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gfx.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gothic_block.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gothic_floor.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gothic_light.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gothic_trim.shader'

...loading 'scripts/gothic_wall.shader'

...loading 'scripts/hell.shader'

...loading 'scripts/liquid.shader'

...loading 'scripts/menu.shader'

...loading 'scripts/models.shader'

...loading 'scripts/organics.shader'

...loading 'scripts/sfx.shader'

...loading 'scripts/shrine.shader'

...loading 'scripts/skin.shader'

...loading 'scripts/sky.shader'

...loading 'scripts/test.shader'

----- finished R_Init -----

------- sound initialization -------

Initializing DirectSound

------------------------------------

----- Sound Info -----

sound system is muted

1 stereo

32768 samples

16 samplebits

1 submission_chunk

22050 speed

0xa5f0050 dma buffer

Forcing all sounds to 8 bit

No background file.

----------------------

Loading dll file ui.

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

User Interface is version 4, expected 3

Well, i have a TNT 1 and RC3 for now.. frown

For those who had pb upgrading to a newer version of drivers...

I deleted in winnt\inf folder all nv*.inf AND OEM0.INF which is a copy of my current version of Nvidia drivers (3.64 on my system)!

Then just updated to 3.75 (without even uninstalled before !) and it works for me !

So, maybe you should look at those oemx.inf files, find the nvidia one and delete it before upgrading...

hope it 'd help some of you...

I have a problem in Quake2 with those 3.75 drivers...they just won't run fullscreen ... funny though because it runs all other OpenGL based games such as Halflife...

I also Had a problem with the 3.69 drivers with the screensaver thing.. it rebooted every time... due to the setting in device manager check box which automatically boots if system crash...unchecking it just froze my system so better check it .

I had trouble up[censored] the built-in driver to 3.53glworking way back when, but since then I've installed subsequent new drivers by the 'have disk' button method (as opposed to right-clicking the .inf and choosing install) and not worrying about deleting nv*.* and all that stuff. Hope that helps

viper:

looks to me like you unsuccessfully tried to upgrade Q3. Try applying the patch again. If that doesn't work reinstall Q3.

Since the ver 3.69 drivers, any 3D Games I run...blue screens, so I reinstalled 3.66 (which worked fine) and just copied the nvoglnt.dll file from ver 3.75 to c:\winnt\system32

Now my Quake3 and SOF demo works. I just have a slight problem with Q3...a bit Dark...any ideas? I know if you disable hardware gamma (r_ignorehwgamma 1) it's better, but then all the models are very dark again.

------------------

FlaSh[VC]

ICQ #11831644

the new 3.75 drivers actually work on my box, surprisingly. i had a lot of trouble just getting 3.69 to install properly and not crash my computer at bootup. anywho, it's nice to have working drivers, although in Q3A, my swapfile needs to be resized which sucks, oh well, more ram for me on the 1st.

one thing I dont understand is that you all advice to delete old drivers from x:\winnt\system32 but for me its windows\system32 is this because I upgraded my win98 to w2k ? would it be winnt\system32 if did a CLEAN INSTALL for w2k?

Yay....Finally Got 3.75 to work...NVidia Fixed the Gamma Problem (Q3a) with ver 3.75...But now there's a new one...If your r_gamma is higher than 1 and you do a vid_restart....Win2K Crashes. Hope they'll fix it.

------------------

FlaSh[VC]

ICQ #11831644

Yes, Lager It's because you updated from 98. If you do a clean install, you will have \winnt\