Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
halflife28

FL Studio 4.5.2 on Linux

If you look at the fax at the web site for this product,they are firm about not having a Linux version of the product. Wine, in my opinon, will be a bear to get it working, since it has not been tried/tested by experienced Linux/Wine users and the Wine sites that I visit don't mention it as working under Wine. There must be a Linux alternative, but I have no experience with these programs, so I am of little help with this.

Perhaps someone can suggest an alternative.

I tried this product under winex3/cedega. No go. Hell, I couldn't even get it to work under Win4lin which is highly unusual. I'll try it under Crossover Wine but it's looking pretty grim..

No go with Crossover either. If there's not a Linux equivalent, then you'll have to run under Windows. Please let us know if you find a Linux equivalent.

Yep, I'm not surprised. This is a fairly specific Windows program and probably requires specific native DDL files to work. Unless you know how to set these up, it is likely even if you got it to work, it would not be totally functional.