Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. ThickDick

Are you all idiots?

I just can't see how all of you have so much trouble installing video card drivers in Windows 2000. I've done it OVER AND OVER without doing an uninstall on my Viper V770 TNT 2 Ultra. Learn how to use a computer.

When you have 20 people telling you different ways to do it, it doesnt help much

Did you think of this? No

Yea, we are all idiots!

But if you think about it: If everything worked as it should, without problems, it wouldn´t be any fun! The entire concept with computers should loose it´s point and purpouse!

So, Mr ThickDick, I´m the lucky one!

------------------

The MerceD has you...

I actually am a true idiot. Someone who thinks they know alot when they really dont. smile But I guess I can still kid myself from time to time by helping people out who need help with the basics.

hey some of us know a lot some know a little and some know nothing. This is the place with all the info so why not ask. I dont think it is fair to call someone an idiot for not knowing how to do something. I agree it is easy and i have updated graphics drivers many times but for someone who doesnt know it may be difficult.

My Viper 550 gives me a blue screen memory dump, so....sigh, I must be an idiot too.

How would you define an idiot?

Isn't life all about learning.

So if idiot = not knowning, then we all start out as idiots.

And some of us ends like one too wink

Since I´m not used to call people by their infantily fanta-sized intimate body parts, let me call you Mr. Short-Brain.

We (if I may talk for all of us) are a community here to solve problems. A lot of people tries to help others. That sounds nice. But I think giving people names like 'idiot' won´t help anyone. If someone makes mistakes or tells wrong things, tell them. Show them, what you know better and share your knowledge. Or do you need that kick for your self-confidence, Mr. Short-Brain? Naming people that way is simply infantile (again we are at that point. By the way: how old are you???)

Expressing my hope to keep up a grown-up discussion culture

have fun

Llion

It looks like I'm an idiot to....

Have been uppgrading my tnt drivers since win2k was build 2072, always doing it the same way, never had any problems, but now I can't get the d3d to work with the 3.75 drivers. The way I always update them doesn't work so I've tried every other optional update procedure that I have heard of(yes searched the forum) short of formating and starting from scratch. It still doesn't work so,

YES I MUST BE AN IDIOT!!!

Perhaps you are not all idiots. I just find it unbelievable how everyone seems to have a different problem when installing drivers. I have come to the conclusion that Win2K sucks major ass and I am now running 98 again.

I thought the same thing once but that was after I was already spoiled with it. My famous last words were "I think I will give windows millenium a try" and after an hour of lockups hangs with the p.o.s a realized that win2k is where its at. I will never go back again.... You got to admit youll miss some of win2k.

I won't miss it. The only thing cool about is is bookmarking in the registry. What pisses me off the most is the refresh rate control. In Win 98 I can set it how I want it, and it stays that way. Win2K assumes that I must be too stupid to handle my refresh rate myself, so it likes to revert back to 60 for OpenGL or Direct 3D. That's just ****ing gay.

Mr "TD", what is the purpose of these message boards in your opinion? To me, it has always been a place for someone, who may not be as computer literate, can seek help if they have some question on how to do something with their computer. And it has been a place where I can help solve someone else's computer troubles. Sure, there might be a lot of posts from people who are having problems from the Riva cards, but that is why they write here. If you do know some information that would help them in their troubles, you should write back. Not call them idiots. But that is based on your maturity level obviously.

Well it seems that another one of NTCompatible's idots have voiced their opinions. Lets see here why would people have trouble installing drivers?? Could it be because OFFICIAL drivers aren't released or maybe because OFFICIAL drivers aren't released. How bout you bash an operating system with full manufacturer support instead of one that was only RTM'd which means released to manufacturers so they can TEST it and make **** work in it.

THIC DICK but no brain.

"You 're all idiot : on my computer, everythings is OK, why not on yours ???"

"I don't understand, my wife is blond haired, why not yours ??"

"I've just realised that their are different peopleon earth!!! How can they live not like me ???"

Grow up and then come back when you'll be ten.

Awx - idiot anyway ;-)

I's amm thu idiet, wut is a cumpuetur? wut dus TNT mean? wuts a driever? i watsh Matlock on thu telivishin, he is a loyer. he yoused too be Andy Griffith on tv. wuts a driever?