Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skorpio

xp pro(2600) restart during login

ok, so i had winme, den i installed winxp(non upgrade) and it worked fine, so i decided to get rid of it and upgrade winme to xp pro, installation went fine, except wen i get to the login screen and login it says "loading your personal settings" that lasts for a few seconds and then it just restarts, i tried safe mode, and everything else under the f8 startup menu, cant boot from cd and have no other os besides knoppix(linux) on cd.

what can i do, sum 1 help me please

Antonio

kool, but how do i uninstall it then, should i go in2 dos and delete the winnt folder and just install winme, will all my files(my documents, music, etc.) still be there, coz my other hdd is dead so i cant back anything up???

kool thanx, i didnt change the filesystem when i installed it so its still fat32, but for some reason my computer doesnt want to boot from cd, i got it enabled in bios but its just not doing it(it boots linux cd's thou), so is there a way to run the winxp install program from dos(winme startup floppy), i tried but it gave me the good old "cant run in dos" crap, so i need to know if there is a way, coz i really dont want to install me, and then xp, and then delete old xp, too much f*$@ing around considering i get home at like 6 and gotta go bed at 9, so not much time to mess round on computer frown

Antonio

err.. i got a friend...n she recently had.. xp home edition then upgraded to pro... and now when she gets into log in screen puts in pass and the thing says loading her profiles bt then it restarts.. suggestions?