Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pooljunkie84

Display Drivers Not Working!!! Please help...

I just recently bought a new computer (no name brand computer, but name brands devices) that includes a 128MB Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I'm try installing the drivers that I downloaded from the Nvidia website like the computer prompted me to do, and then it needs to restart but freezes and doesn't recognize the Video Card/display drivers/monitor. All of those settings get lost somewhere. I can't change the display from the troubleshooting 600something - 400something. Please help me.

well, i had a similar problem with my old lame voodoo 3 card, what i did to rectify this problem was uninstalled the drivers, downloaded the latest ones making sure they're compatible with my os and so forth, opened the computer up, took the card out, put it back in, installed the new drivers, and everything was cool. hope this helps...

Antonio

Boot into safe mode. Using control panel go to uninstall software. Uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Reboot. When it comes up Windows should popup and tell you it has found new hardware and to hit "Next" to get the appropriate drivers. Hit cancel instead. Use Windows Explorer to manuever to where you downloaded the new drivers. Double click the file and it will install them. Then, it will want to reboot. When it comes up you can reset the Screen Resolution to your liking.

However, if you want to really be thorough read this link as to how to get rid of every inkling of nvidia bits left over before you install the new drivers: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=61946bfd784126c3674fed49ccdbfe32&threadid=67799