Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daicafl

booting time takes over 4 to 5 minutes

I am using win xp. I was wondering if my computer getting slower and the booting time takes over 4 or 5 minutes. is that problem due to motherboard or harddrive issue? I am using a temporary 2 mb buffer harddrive. I was worrying because i've been taking in and out my hardware on the motherboard alot.. does it effect the motherboard that cause my computer slowr or just my harddrive problem??

exactly what do you mean by this:

I was worrying because i've been taking in and out my hardware on the motherboard alot..

have you been alot of changes with your setup?

I have been taking my harddrive in and out alot....will that affect my motherboard? or it is just my harddrive that cause my computer really slow??

no i do not think so but you are only allowed so many changes with XP and then you have to reactivate. to take you hard drive out and put it back does not really account to nothing much unless you are swapping different hard drives.

i guess you can try clearing your cmos and see if that helps. this will clear out all your settings in the bios and you would have to redo everything so write all things in your bios before doing this.

or better yet do a complete install of XP.