Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cknyc

How functional are the Tvtuners in win2k

I am lookign to get the haupauge wintv card. I know it works in win2k but how well. Compared to win98, is it fully functional. Can you record video, copy still frames, use wincast.

thanks

The w2k Hauppage drivers work great, the application is the same one used in 9x/NT4(wintv2000), so you get the same functions

im gonna get the wintv-go, is this the card you have?, i dont really care for stereo or anything else that comes with the 90 dollar version. as long as the card is pci, has 125 channel tuner and has intercast im fine. Also its cheap 49 dollars..

I've the first generation Hauppauge WinTV PCI (3yrs old mono)- Nary a problem with W2K RC2 built 2128.

I got WinVCR to work with my ATI Rage Fury and the ATI TV Tuner isa.

It works fine except you can't capture video.

Oh well.

Hope this helps

well... winvcr isn't compatible with nt. that's why you can't capture with it. but watching tv works with nearly every application which supports the bt8xx chipset.

I have problems with my Haupauge TV-PCI card!!

The Beta Driver install the Video/section but the Audio/Section does not function.

W2k tell´s me that an error was happend by the installation of the driver!

How can I solve this problem!!

I hope you could help me!!!!!!!!

Zero Cool

My Miro PCTV/PCTV PRO card with stereo-tv and fm-stereo recetption is so-so.

I haven't tried the video capture-feature yet though, but when runing the latest drivers for the card i get no FM-radio drivers any more and the support at pinnacle.co.uk sucks too, they don't even have a working email adress wink

So i guess i'm busted, it wasn't that expensive though.

NEXT TIME i'll check the support for drivers and stuff like that BEFORE i buy anything unkown. Never ever i'm gonna buy anything from those germany company, they just don't take support and drivers as serious as the US company does.

Atleast it doesn't look like that, this isn't the first time. I had probs with my mirohighscore for ages ago too.. but that's another story smile