Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
madacgrav

Regedit Command Line Switches

Can anyone tell me all the different command line switches for regedit?

On a contract I had worked on we used to use a switch with regedit to find and replace entries in the registry and I cannot remember the switch. It was done in XP and I know it works I just can't remember. ARGHHHHHHHHHH! Any help will be thanked. Not much but it is something. smile

REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] [/v|-v] [/s|-s] filename1

REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /C filename2

REGEDIT [/L:system] [/R:user] /E filename3 [regpath]

/L:system

Specifies the location of the System.dat file.

/R:user

Specifies the location of the User.dat file.

[/v|-v]

This switch opens REGEDIT.EXE in advanced mode, where the registration database is displayed in a tree structure (similar to the tree window in Windows 3.1 File Manager). Any part of the database can be edited.

[/s|-s]

When a filename is specified on the command line, this switch is used to suppress any informational dialog boxes that would normally be displayed. This is useful when the Setup program for an application wants to execute REGEDIT.EXE with a .REG file, but does not want the user to be confused by any dialog boxes that are displayed.

filename1

Specifies the file(s) to import into the registry

/C filename2

Specifies the file to create the registry from.

/E filename3

Specifies the file to export the registry to.

regpath

Specifies the starting registry key to exportfrom. (Defaults to exporting the entire registry).

Syntax for Switches Either "/" or "-" can be used to signify the optional switches. The switches can be combined (for example, -vs) and be typed in either uppercase or lowercase. Unrecognized switches are ignored.

Hi! I have the problem to edit the value from command line.

May I know how to change a value from command line?

I search around, they ask for a .REG file to make change, but how to create a reg file? what it will be look like?

thanks..