Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bennyk

1 Second Stop ?

When playing games i know wrong forum but not really,any game i play it stops for 1 second and then carries on, can some help me please what to turn off in win xp something is running the background i think,due to the fact when it happens the hard drive light is going into a mental fit. I have P2.8, asus p4s8x,512ram 120gb harddrive can someone help please cheers.

No i do,not please tell i only know how to get task manger up thats it.

you can bring up the Task Manager by holding the Ctrl and Alt keys similtaneously and hitting the Del key once.

Quote:
you can bring up the Task Manager by holding the Ctrl and Alt keys similtaneously and hitting the Del key once.

then press the PrtScn key on your keyboard and then paste this into a new document in the MSPaint app. Once pasted you can save as a JPG file and post this screen dump.

I would recommend not saving it as a BMP file as these are very large files wink

Also, while in MSPaint you can edit and crop the image for a smaller size and for editing out any info you don't want to show laugh

Have done what you said jmmijo to no luck,when pressing print screen key nothing happens. Have got microsft keyboard,key says(printscrn\sysrg) can you help please.

Quote:
Have done what you said jmmijo to no luck,when pressing print screen key nothing happens. Have got microsft keyboard,key says(printscrn\sysrg) can you help please.

Try alt-printscreen.

I have had problems like this before. It has always been due to a scratch on the disk in the cdrom. If this is happening for all games, you might try using a different cdrom if you have one.

Something else I thought of. It might be the PSU dying. If it can't supply enough juice for your processor, video card, hard drive, cdrom and whatever else this could happen.

Come into night and tried alt-printscreen no luck nothing, ref scratched cds no all games do not use cds and defrag harddrive at least 2 a week.

pc only one year old, the only change i have made is videocard to fx5900. do think psu has not got a enough juice?

Quote:
pc only one year old, the only change i have made is videocard to fx5900. do think psu has not got a enough juice?

That's top of the line isn't it? If you upped your video card up that much that might be the case. Any idea what how many Watts your PSU has? A lot of the "bargain price" PCs will come with barely enough to run it with the stock parts.

If this happens just in games and you have a high range videocard, my money's on the psu.

I don't know if there are any applications you can download to test it or not.

what drivers u using for your FX? (ps - why did u buy that card!!!!!!)

did it do this before with the old card?

Dabs.com bought card with drivers 53.03 about old card can not remember you got me thinking about that no i do not think so my motherboard is a asus p4s8x.Do i have enough watts with psu?