Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Issue with Asus Probe and Limited User Accounts

I am having trouble with a limited user account. Every time I log on I get the series of popups listed below (left is the window title, right is the message).

Code:
Advanced INF Install  :  %REMOVE_NODIR_ERROR%AsmiHwlo  :  Can't open service control managerAsmiHwlo  :  Can't Create Driver ServiceAsmiHwlo  :  Can't open Driver ServiceAsGetDmi  :  Can't load AsmiHwIo.dll

I believe the problem is with asus probe. I need to either give the user permissions to everything that the ASUS probe needs or remove it from the startup. Removing it is preferred. In MSCONFIG, I see it on the startup tab. I want to keep it in the startup for the admin accounts but remove it from the limited accounts. I looked in the group policy editor but don't see anwhere to set this. Any suggestions?

yea - try giving full rights to the asus probe folder alone - i often dothis on systems @ work where i dont want to do permissions much - i just give acess to folders like SETI full rights and it seems to work laugh

Quote:
yea - try giving full rights to the asus probe folder alone - i often dothis on systems @ work where i dont want to do permissions much - i just give acess to folders like SETI full rights and it seems to work laugh

Well that didn't seem to do the trick. Do you know how to disable the probe for only that user?

that part i am not sure of.

do you have in your control panel / add/remove program - and area there to set access permissions for programs?

i know it is in XPO and 2k3 once u get some windows update and i think they also put it into 2000.

This is late I know but all I did to make it work was change the compatible tab to Win 2000 then it started to work (default being Win 95) After months of searching and uninstalling and reloading How simply can it be!!!!!! ;(