Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Simon Ngan

Win2k doesn't automatically power off?

Hi,

I have a ABit-BH6 motherboard and I installed Win2k advance server (2095) yesterday. However, Windows won't power off itself (I get the screen that says it's safe to turn off the PC).

I checked the hardware profile and I don't have any APM installed, is this correct?

In the BIOS, I don't enable ACPI, however, I do have APM enabled.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Simon

i think you need to set your system to acpi uni processor system for that to work. i have a bp6 and was ticked off when i noticed this problem. but I never turn off my machine so i dont really care much.

Just an note:

Win2k _Advanced Server_ (AFAIK *all* server variants) do NOT support APM...

That is, if you can't get it install in ACPI mode, then you'll have no power management features apart from hibernate (i.e. no standby). Hibernate should work though, as this is not really APM or power management related. (You have to turn off the PC manually though.)

So, try installing Win2k Adv Srv in ACPI mode or live without PM features! :-(

nova.

I have win2k pro 2195.1

...and I have the same problem...

my bp6 doesn't work in ACPI multiprocessor mode..

any suggestions.....?????

I have an Abit BH-6 motherboard and I had the same problem it seems the ACPI in the bios doesn't work with Win2000 ACPI, but just go into hardware wizard, click select from list and select "APM Legacy support" and

install that.

I've Asus P2B with BIOS 1011.

I've installed Win98SE and Windows2k Pro

on the same partition. Under Win98 the shutdown feature is OK, but not under Win2K Pro, so this not a BIOS problem

sorry dude...but this really seems to be a BIOS problem!!! Win2k is much stricter with the ACPI implementation than win98se is...

If you don't believe me you can always get the ACPI compliancy test from M$ and run it on your system - mine failed miserably

I´ve discovered why dont shut down well in my computer !!

I turn-off my CD (Old Samsung) and shut down pefectly.

Bye.

Oscar

Windows 2000 Professional final works with my Abit BE6.. it cuts off the power when it shuts down. BUt I can't find the "Stand By" Option... any clue why?