Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tarundhillon

Need Help

Hello

I am new to this forum and am not sure that were shall i post the question

I have bought a RCA Lyra 1071A Mp3 Player.

I am have Windows ME on my machine. I have installed the USB drivers provided in the CD ( even though for ME you don't need that) But still i am not able to connect my player with the computer

As soon as i connect it on the USB port the player is switched off and nothing happens ( Ideally it should show USB connected but that is not happening). If any one has had similar problem and knows the solution for it . Please help me with this

regards

Dhillon

Have you tried to access the Lyra using the parallel port ? (If you can, then you might consider upgrading the Lyra firmware)

Have you tried to plug the Lyra directly into USB on the computer ? (Not using an USB hub, maybe try the different USB ports)

Have you other USB devices connected to your computer ? (If so, then disconnect them as they might interfere with the Lyra)

Have you tried to connect the Lyra to another computer ? (Just to make sure the Lyra works properly)

Have you checked Windows Update to see if any updates for USB has been released for Windows Me ?

Have you checked your motherboard manufacture's homepage, and see if new bios-versions or usb/chipset-drivers have been released ?