Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Windows keeps reverting to a different page file size??!!

Hi all,

I manually set both computers on my Workgroup to a fixed page file size (384MB), but Windows XP SP1 insists on displaying the page file size as "Currently allocated - 767 MB" on both systems.

Browsing to the actual pagefile.sys confirms that on both computers, the size is 767MB.

What gives?

Thanks in advance...

try to disable the pagefile on that drive, put it on another if you have one, then delete the pagefile and put it back on the other drive. This should make a new pagefile.sys on the drive that it wont change on.

After a couple casual logoffs/reboots, it reverted to it's damning 767MB pagefile on 'C'.... ;(

let the pagefile stay on the other drive, other the C:, i also have this problem after i added more RAM

Found out what the cause was; the pagefile insisting on it's own size even after I set a custom minimum & maximum size started the same day I installed Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004.

When I uninstalled NAV 2004, the pagefile immediately went back to 512MB by itself on a reboot with no intervention from me.

Just to make sure it was NAV Pro 2004, I re-installed it again-same pagefile size problems, so I uninstalled it for good, and went back to NAV 2003 (no problems there).

On my other networked machine, NAV2004 slowed web browsing to a crawl - I tested this by disabling & enabling Auto Protect...

Go figure; I'd use NAV Corporate 8.oxx if it had the ability to scan individual e-mails instead of the entire .pst file, but NAV 2003 has been worry free over the past 6 months...