Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrFlibbleUK

Eek..Direct X resets my machine!! Spooky

I have a Geforce 256 DDR..using the Nvidia 3.69 drivers. I also have a Gigabyte GA-5AX motherborad (ALi Chipset) with an AMD K62.

When I try to run the directX diagnostic stuff it resets the machine!!! I have tried a clean reinstall of 2000 but still does the same....sniff.....help!!

Thanks very much

Steve

Buddy...you've got what some would call the best video card teamed to what most would say is the worst chipset ever on a modern motherboard!

Do yourself (and your DDR GeForce) a HUGE favour: Sell the K6-2 and the Super 7 motherboard to someone who thinks MS Hearts is where its at... and get yourself a Intel i440BX based motherboard and an Intel Celeron CPU.

You wont go wrong with an Abit, ASUS or AOpen motherboard, and a 433 or faster Celeron will do nicely without breaking the bank.

What's wrong w/ Hearts? Next thing you'll be bashing Solitaire too huh? ;-)

Cheers,

Steve

I once had the DirectX diagnostics reboot on me using the 3.69 drivers, but when I dis.enabled the Powerstrip tweak for "reclaiming memory automatically", it worked fine.

Dunno if you have this tweak or another one similar enabled? If so, disable and see what happens.

Hope it helps.