Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

I need a good socket A mobo that works w/ 1800+ and win2k

Just noticed that my 8k7a is about to bite it (acid residue on top of the compasitors)

Heres what I have to spare:

Atrend ATC-6220 v2.0

STB Velocity 128 8 meg agp2x

ATI Rage Pro Turbo 8 meg agp2x

Phillips 8x/4x/36x CDRW

PII MMX 350 CPU

Pinnacle Systems PCTV pci

24x laptop cdrom from HP Omnibook 2000CT (almost new)

8x cdrom with black faceplate

Sandisk USB Memorystick/Compact Flash reader

Diamond RIO 500 Mp3 player 64 megs standard and 16 meg SM included (works in win2k and XP perfectly)

Toshiba 6x/32x dvd-rom drive

36x atapi cdrom

If I can find more stuff I wil post it , If you need heatware I have it

I have a like new ECS L7VTA KT400 chipset with lan and audio built in, and 8X agp slot. Comes complete (no cables though)

I am interested in the pci tv tuner and I dont know much about hte mp3 player but would like to give it a try if at all possable smile

Please email me back smile funboy42@msn.com

Ah, you've got one of the Blown/Leaky cap syndrome boards 8)

There's a rash of these dying now as many Tier 1 and 2 manufactuers used some faulty caps in many of their products frown

If the manufacturer still has a warranty on this board, I'd send it back for repair so you'd at least have a spare or you could sell it to somebody else for a good price wink

I personally don't have any working Socket A motherboards. I do however have (2)Two non-working models.

ASUS A7V-133, seems to be having some issues with the DIMM slots or perhaps the actual chipset, not sure have not really looked into it.

MSI KT3 Ultra, just will not power up at all. Sent back once already to MSI and the replacement board only lasted about two weeks, so I'm not really impressed with MSI frown

If you're interested, let me know.

I just switched to a Soyo board and I am extremely happy with it. I am running an Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67Ghz).

Soyo Dragon Plus K7V

I can get u a link that sells it (no box) for a cheap $30 (U.S).

Let me know if u r interested laughsmile

PS: The board only support the PALOMINO core of athlon xp processors. Chances are your 1800+ is palomino, but I would double check laughsmile