Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxter-IV

Another SBLive ?, but only related to the NT drivers.

First of all let me say that I am sorry for another SBlive question (seems to be to constant around here). I have look and have not seem anything on this.

I am a newbie to NT in general (never used before), so win 200 is going to be fun for awhile.

I have a PIII 450

128 Meg SDRAM

voodoo III 3000

sblive

and all the other extras.

I am using Win 2000 2195.1 (wish I had .3)

I am trying to install the sblive drivers. I have seen the message from ??? on how they have done it.

(OK, finally) Do I need to start with the SBlive Drivers for NT from the sblive web site? Then do I follow the guide from ??? (sorry I do not remember his name).

Thanks for the help.

The only driver that are absolutely sure to work are those that ship on the W2K CD, and will install during the hardware detection phase on the W2K setup.

There is no "official" W2K version of LiveWare at this time. There is a hacked version of the NT4 LiveWare - which may or may not work for you...

Thanks YuppieScum. Have another question (actually part of the same thing). When you talk about the live ware 3 Hacked NT version, are those the drivers that Antone (please forgive me for misspell)has given instructions on?

If so, then I would assume that there would be no need to dl Liveware 3 from the sb live site. Am I correct on that?

I have used the win 2000 drivers for my sblive card. Same attage of have 2 speakers that work and the back that don't. Have others seem success with the Hacked Drivers to resolve that issue, or has everyone failed and should just wait for sblive offical drivers?

Thanks again.

Yes, *some* people have gotten liveware to work, albeit not with all the features. I'm pretty sure EAX does not work. Also, when installing the hack, some have reported siginificant decreases in speed on their system, so benchmarking before and after would be a good idea. IMHO it would be better to wait for creative to release Liveware 4 or whatever will be compliant with windows 2000. Also not that SMP system are basically left in the cold w/ the WDM drivers until Creative realizes that is the people who live on the cutting edge so to speak that influence people what to buy. With no official drivers for Sblive (even beta ones) or my webcam III I will not recomend creative products in the future. I realize that this is the risk / trade off one takes when rnning something not official yet, but on the other hand, plenty of other companies ahve released driversd for their cards etc.

Cheers,

Steve

Well Put.

GET YOUR FINGER OUT CREATIVE, OR RISK LOSING A FEW VERY IMPORTANT FRIENDS:::

get my meaning .. wink