Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Converting a word document to BMP

hey all...

how can i convert a word docmunet to a high resolution BMP file ??

the print screen option is not good enough for my purpose.

Thank !!

You could try SnagIt, it has an option to scroll down in the window, to capture the complete contents.

However, you might want to think about saving the word document as HTML, as the filesize will be much smaller than .BMP.

open your word .doc, select all the text then copy it. Open paint (or whatever imaging program you like) then paste the text to the image file. Then save as... if you have a lot of formatting, tables, etc. in your .doc they might not copy over correctly... I just made this up, but checked it on a simple .doc and it works. YMMV

Jim

I use snagit,

THen with the new Office System picture software, I can manipulate as I see fit, to almost any type of Document including PDF

i used snagit ....thanks !!!

now...why convert it to a BMP ??....simple..

i need to present a Poster of my final degree project, and the printing press needs me to send them a picture so they could print it.

but since the poster is very large the picture i send must be at great quality so when they expand it to the poster size, the details will be clear.

take one A4 in your word and write at font 10.now zoom it to 100% or less until all the page feets your screen.press print screen and paste to a imaging program.now enlarge the picture and you'll see how the details are messed up.

i changed the screen resolution to 1600x1200, zoomed 200% in word, and used snagit ro save as a high quality BMP..

Thanks!!

Why didn't you just create a pdf of a post-script file in a 1200dpi resolution?

Quote:
open your word .doc, select all the text then copy it. Open paint (or whatever imaging program you like) then paste the text to the image file. Then save as... if you have a lot of formatting, tables, etc. in your .doc they might not copy over correctly... I just made this up, but checked it on a simple .doc and it works. YMMV

Jim

Kool!! :x , I didn't know it could be that easy!

apparently it works with ms-paint...but not with acdsee's photo canvas..

i don't get it...

anyway....the resolution in not good..for my purpose any way..the pasted picture at 400% which is the size i need is currupt...

the press shop took my word doc and conveted it to a pdf file using acrobat...that did the job. (but so did snagit ...i believe even better)