Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

Windows XP Messenger 'forgets' login details

Does anyone else have this annoying problem? At first I thought it was just a quirk on my machine but it keeps happening, and I've heard other friends report this too.

About once a week (or sometimes more often), Windows messenger refuses to sign on and gives a pop-up message something along the lines of 'sign-in name does not exist or password is incorrect' or 'the service is unavaliable' (even when other friends can sign in ok). Whenever this occurs I have to go to the .net passport site and reset my password. This is really annoying! Why does it keep forgetting my password?!

The reason I posted this on the security forum is that I read somewhere that hackers had found a way to break into .net accounts and MS was in the process of looking into the issue, aplogising profusely... the usual.

Is this problem a security breach or just a 'known issue' with .net accounts that I haven't heard about?

Any clues greatfully appriciated!

Windows XP Pro SP1

Windows Messenger 4.7.2009

The problem was the same with MSN 5 as it was with Windows Messenger, why should version 6 of the above be any different?