Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. ThickDick

Anthony Toste ! You little @#!@!

I spent about 6 F**KING hours last night trying to get the SB Live to work in Windows 2000. What a joke. I had it down perfectly. All the controls worked. But of course no god damn sound. I noticed the device still said 'do not map to this device' so I unchecked that. Back to square one with no sound, and controls don't work. Theoretically it should have worked. All the conditions were perfect. I'd be willing to bet Anthony Toste never got sound from it. I don't think he remembered to uncheck 'do not map to this device'. Hey Anthony, what OTHER sound card are you running? Obviously you're getting sound from somewhere.

Hey Mr Thick dick. You obviously didnt do something right because guess what I HAVE SOUND AND YOU DONT AHHAHAHAAH. Maybe if you didnt insult people on this forum then they would help you. Since you feel it is your duty to say people are full of **** then maybe you should reconsider being a member of this forum. Dont try coming to the IRC chan either because we wont help you.

Hm...something that's not supported, officially "doesn't work", causes huge numbers of people problems and was hacked together out of the kindness of someones heart, doesn't work for you, and all you can do it ***** and moan?

GET A F**KING GRIP YOU WHINEY LAMER.

Oh, and by the way, you don't have to uncheck "Do not map to this device", that just makes it worse.

"if it don't work first time, try, try again ..."

Believe me, it works. Listening to Iron Maiden right now, sweet.

I used the "Anthony Toste" job too. Same damned results, no sound. The only way I got the sound back was by installing Win2000 as an upgrade. I will live with two speakers until Sound Blaster releases new drivers. I know how you feel Mr.TD.

i cant even get 2 speakers working....i'm crying right now

Anthony Toste´s Liveware 3 instructions works fine here.

Do you use a Voice Modem or SMP?

The voice modem audio drivers cause incompatibility with Liveware 3 under Windows 2000. Also the drivers are not SMP compatible.

To fix the first thing: Just remove the modem audio drivers.

Christian

How come you folks all have these problems, cant you wait for the creative drivers and just use the drivers that came with win2k?

I have a standard modem. External 56K Faxmodem. I've even installed 2000 without it so that's not the problem. I have a single processor (P2-450).

Hey Mr. ThickHead. . .I really cant believe that you are *****ing about something that WAS FREE ! ! ! ! Anthony did not have to spend the hours that it took to write that doc or the ini's that went with it, as you have read on the board, alot of people have problems with their Live card, personally mine works fine, Lovin the 4 point surround Q3 ( get the A3D patch, works great ) But the difference is that others ASK for help and

not degrade and demand help like you did, I say you were not loved enough as a child and this is your way of getting attention, well good job it worked. So hey when you can get your NVidia or 3DFX video card to work,

dont come to us, because ours work fine.

=ew

Oh Ya. . . . . Thanks Anthony for your time, effort and support my machine would only be half what it is now with out you.

Cant wait until Win2k is Officially supported

Obviously he didn't do it for attention. I think he's just sitting back laughing at all the people who blow up over nothing. It's pretty funny if you ask me. Especially since my Live and every other piece of hardware (except my Hollywood+) work fine.

Sorry Mr. ThickDick thing's didn't pan out for you.

Even I the master at Windows200 had my fair share of problem to make long story short I pick up all new Microsoft Naturl Keyboard Pro

ops I lost my PS/2 Mouse ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

what pain that turn be.

It didn't like the PS/2 port not even hook the old Keyboard did work DBL Ahhh the only way to get the keyboard to work was thur USB but my mouse would not work after hour's mess around it I said the hell with & got USB Mouse (Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer)

will I fine got it all work.

Will it next to do a little house clean "backup time that is"

I must say he's passionate about his sound card, maybe to a pathological extreme, nah.

Ok. I reinstalled Windows 2000. Before installing I renamed the wdma10k1.in_ file to wdma10k1.fuk. I also removed my Awe 64 (yes, I intentionally DIDN'T tell you guys it was in there). Do you think it's safe to try and install the Liveware package WITHOUT the WDM Basic drivers previously installed?

hehe

Awe 64 smile

hehe

Some people say that the instructions from chameleons site are better.

win2kbox.cjb.net

Well, it didn't work. I installed the Liveware software without installing the sound card drivers and now I get a bsod every time I boot. Even in safe mode frown It's ok though. I've already reloaded 2000 about 25 times since I got it.

I have your answer right here. GIVE IT UP!!!

holy, stop stressing yourself and getting pissed at it and just be patitent and wait for a proper release from creative.