Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dbgg1979

How to share my dsl connection

my pc at home has a dsl connection. is it possible to share this internet connection with my pc at the office? how?

Ive shared my ADSL connection before buddy...

All i did was network properties - and enabled it through my modem.

You can buy a switch. Connect the DSL modem to it, then branch off the switch to each 'box'.

Quote:
You can buy a switch. Connect the DSL modem to it, then branch off the switch to each 'box'.

but how do i share the internet connection with my pc at the office? the only way i know to connect the 2 PCs is by dialup.

Quote:

But with that you'll need a seperate account for each machine with the broadband provider. A better alternative would be a router which (typically) uses Network Address Translation (NAT) to transparently share a single account between any number of client PCs. However, I don't think that's what is being requested. I think I have a fair idea of what is needed but I'll need further clarification of what he actually wants to do before I can say much.

so if you wanna share internet with NAT, what will you do if you have usb modem? (without buying a router)