Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Just Saw Matrix Reloaded *Possible Spoiler*

Gotta say it kicked ass

Highlights:

Freddy vs Jason Preview

Non Stop Action

Coolest Stunts I have ever seen.

Only bad thing about it was the soundtrack didn't include a Ministry song.

Other than that go see it.

*Possible Spoiler*

I need to ask something of anyone who saw it. I was confused about the ending and need to ask a question.

Wanted to see what you guys thought about this... In the first Matrix, the enemy bots or whatever that are attacking the ship towards the end of the film, when the EMP is being charged, I thought the twins from Reloaded look an awful lot like those creatures. Perhaps it's just the tenticles/dredlocks though.

I've had people ask me the same thing.

But I haven't seen the film so I can't comment....but I doubt there's a relation.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

It took me a while to think about it, but I believe NEO and Agent Smith infected each other.

Agent Smith become somewhat human, and Neo has pieces of the Matrix inside him, thus how he stopped the machines at the end, and how Agent smith has his own free will.

ANyways some insight from those who saw the film would be appreciated.

I saw it, and it kicked ass. I would imagine that they are both "almost human" now, hence the need for vengence that smith has. It was nice how this movie explained why there was another "The One" before Neo (remember when Morpheus explained to Neo how he was freed by another that could do all kinds of crazy stuff in the Matrix and that there was a few of them initially) and how it sets up for the next one. Nicely done.

Quote:
OK, just saw it... What was that package that Agent Smith gave to Neo in the begining of the film?

the package was a ear-piece that the agents wear. it is symbolic because Agent Smith does not need to wear/use it any more as oppose to other agents who are still "within" the matrix.

and btw its one of the best films ive seen all year (for the mean time...)

SPOILER ALERT!

So, what do you guys, think, is it a matrix inside another matrix?

Quote:
SPOILER ALERT!

So, what do you guys, think, is it a matrix inside another matrix?

Nope, it's just the 6th revision of it. There was a first Zion, then it was destroyed by the machines with the exception of "The One" (the anomally) and a select few people to repopulate Zion. The machines realized that there needs to be a "Zion" in some fashion in order for both sides to survive (although the "Architect" stated that they were willing to accept major losses if need be). The cycle just keeps repeating, however when Neo made the "choice" to rewrite fate and save Trinity, the destiny of both sides was altered and no neither knows what's going to happen next for sure. Couple that with the "Agent Smith Rogue Program", and there will be one rough ride before the fate of both sides is determined.

To further clarify, remember that the Architect stated "only" 99% of the people connected to the Matrix accept the programming without issue. So, there needs to be a place for these rogues to go, right? Basically, the machines keep them around and study their behavior to determine future adjustments to the programming in order to raise the success rate. Essentially, what makes a failure a failure? What drives this "anomally"? After a while, they decide to declare "Open Season" on Zion in order to curb, or rather "reset" the population. Why let them live and grow to less manageable numbers? So, they have reset the population 5 times already, and have made their adjustments. Neo and his decisions represent the 6th, but he threw a wrench in the works by falling for Trinity and went off to save her, while the others bought into what the Architect stated and chose to rebuild Zion with new people (and I imagine Morpheus was probably picked by the previous "Neo".

The third will see them coexist. The humans that want to be free, and the machines that want to be free as well.

Should be interesting.