Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ramik

2 sound card on XP ?!?

can i install 2 sound card in windows XP?

i have AC'97 sound built-in mobo (A7V133) (currently disabled), and a Creative SoundBlaster 4.1 digital.

if i enable the builtin AC'97 one, will windows work with both?

and how can i redirect which app to use which sound card?

i want to watch a movie on TV-out using sound card1 and listen to music on sound card 2 (2 seperate persons ;)), is this possible?

You can use 2 sound cards,

Not sure how you go about chaning which card does what, although in the sound properties you can change the playback device to suit your needs.

Quote:
You can use 2 sound cards,

Not sure how you go about chaning which card does what, although in the sound properties you can change the playback device to suit your needs.

Yeah, I dont think it is possible. Most of the time sound is handled though windows and not the software. If one of the two pieces of software has an option to select the sound device then you should be able to use the second dvice with that one and the default device with the other app.

I did it once, cause I wanted to use a Mic input on the onboard sound, but changing which app uses which card i don't think is possible.

With some apps ie Winamp, most games, you can select whether you use the "Direct Sound" device or a specific device for use.

However with something like PowerDVD or WinDVD I don't recall being able to tell it which device to use.