Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

Is anyone here a Martial Artist?

If so.. what style(s) have you taken and how long have you been doing it? Just curious how many people share my hobby.

I have been doing martial arts for over 18 years now...started when I was seven. I'll list the many styles in a later post if others are interested.

Also, anyone else do any weapons training?

Quote:
hmmm
i hesitate to broach this subject...
shoulin kung fu
since '70

"Shaolin" Kung Fu is an interesting style...have you worked with any animal forms?

Quote:
lol...from the front page it reads "Is anyone here a Martia..." I was expecting "Is anyone here a Martian?"

Hah! Ditto...

I wonder what kind of responses I WOULD have received if that HAD been the question hehe.

Hi Gang,

I studied a Tae Kwon Do variant called Jungyae Moosul at a Do Jang for a while and before that Karate at my community college (not that counts :)). I'm quite good with my nun-chucks and still practice them once or twice a week. I can do two at the same time and know a number of moves. I really enjoy practicing it feels like juggling, except my arms and shoulders get buff in the process smile.

-Christian

I would also like to ask if someone can recommend a video on Nunchucku.

Thanks,

Christian Blackburn

Quote:
"Shaolin" Kung Fu is an interesting style...have you worked with any animal forms?

a very old discipline pretty much all animal...
and an intensive study of all forms and religions.

just like the guy above me, I check it daily, just don't post.

Tang Soo Do/Soo Bahk Do, 10 years.

Tae Kwon Do, 4 years.

Jujitsu, 2 years.

I like the fact that more people are doing mixed martial arts. I myself have taken many styles and have been working out everyday for the last 18 years. I can't believe its been that long...I'm only 25 now. It kinda bothers me when someone thinks "their" style is the best. All styles have benefits and uses. IMO.

Anyone here worked with Jeet Kune Do?