Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Logitech Cordless Elite

I heard a lot of good things about this wireless keyboard/mouse set so when CompUSA had it on sale for $50 I went for it.

Maybe its just me or the fact that i havn't downloaded the latest drivers but it seems like crap. My computer goes black if I hit the FLock key. The mouse seems to have a lot of compatibility issues (doesn't work well in Morrowind or UT2003, these are all I have tried though.) The mouse is heavy and bulky and the right mouse button needs to extend a lttle farther to the right.

Anyoen else have problems iwth this?

I'm not familiar with XP but i hav had the Cordless Elite Duo Optical for 6 months and I have had no problems with it. IT works great in UT2K3 and other programs. Lag is almost none existent in UT2K3 compared to the standard corded setups. However, i do not use the software from Logitech with this setup. I use the updated MS Intellimouse drivers. They work perfect in regards to UT2K3 (the Logitech would work at all). My advice is to uninstall the Logitech drivers and go with the MS. That should help out alot with UT2K3. I agress with the mouse setup, it does need to be redesigned. Good Luck!

Quote:
My advice is to uninstall the Logitech drivers and go with the MS.

I suppose doing that disables all those extra buttons on the jeyboard too?

Quote:
i have the same model. its awesome....

So are you using the drivers that came on the CD int the box, updated drivers, or MS drivers

Quote:
So are you using the drivers that came on the CD int the box, updated drivers, or MS drivers

MS drivers with Intellimouse Optical Explorer as the mouse config. Yes you will not be able to use the neat function keys, but i really haven't a need for them. Just liked the look and the cordless optical aspects. Been doing great since i got them, they just use batteries up especially the mouse, but it worth it. :x

Quote:
Quote:
My advice is to uninstall the Logitech drivers and go with the MS.

I suppose doing that disables all those extra buttons on the jeyboard too?

No, actually it just randomly replaces the letter 'k' with 'j'...

I'm sorry, I just had to point that out...

laugh