Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ViolentGreen

Nero or not?

I just bought a Lite-On 52x24x52 cd-r/rw that came bundled with nero. I can burn cds just fine. The problem comes when tryng to play them on a cdplayer. I can't start the first song. It just sits at time "-0:01." I can skip to track 2 and seek back near the beginning of the first song and it will work fine. I have never used Nero before and my question is, is this a Nero issue or a media issue? I havn't had time to experiment with other software or media at the moment and was just wondering if anyone else has had an issue.

not too sure what your problem is but i can say that nero works fine for music. i use it.

Have u tried a different CD?

does your cdplayer work with other CDR's?

just some things to think about !

RF

Quote:
not too sure what your problem is but i can say that nero works fine for music. i use it.
Have u tried a different CD?
does your cdplayer work with other CDR's?
just some things to think about !

RF

I do not have any more cds at the moment. THat will be my first thing to try though. My cd player does work with other cds as well. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

Well for what its worth when I tried Nero out I ran into similar problems when burning music CDs - 3 discs later I switched back to Easy CD Creator 4 (now 5) and have never gone NEAR Nero again (Plextor 16/10/40 CDRW under Win2k/XP btw)...

Yeah, I have used nero to burn music cd's, and they screwed up too. So I went back to EZ Cd Creator. But I love the way you can burn dvd's and such with nero. It can be very useful when burning lot's of info.

Nero works just fine for burning CD Audio. You just have to be aware of the pregap at the beginning of the first track. If it's not set to 2 seconds or more the track won't start playing (something to do with the Compact Disc standards I believe). Just right click on track 1 and select properties. Make sure the Pause time is 2 seconds or more. It should play just fine after that.

In earlier versions of Nero I've heard of people running into issues with converting directly from mp3 to CD Audio, but everyone I heard of that had that issue said converting to wav format first fixed that.

if u do have an older version of nero you can update it to the latest version on their site www.nero.com

as i said above i like nero and know it workds with music cd's but i did try Ez CD Platinum and welll lets just say im now using nero ! but it is all down to preference!

Quote:

Yeah, I have used nero to burn music cd's, and they screwed up too. So I went back to EZ Cd Creator. But I love the way you can burn dvd's and such with nero. It can be very useful when burning lot's of info.

CD Creator 5 can do that too now with the latest patches..oh and no I dont work for em! laugh

Quote:
Nero works just fine for burning CD Audio. You just have to be aware of the pregap at the beginning of the first track. If it's not set to 2 seconds or more the track won't start playing (something to do with the Compact Disc standards I believe). Just right click on track 1 and select properties. Make sure the Pause time is 2 seconds or more. It should play just fine after that.

In earlier versions of Nero I've heard of people running into issues with converting directly from mp3 to CD Audio, but everyone I heard of that had that issue said converting to wav format first fixed that.

Why is this the case? I will try up[censored] Nero anyway.

BTW, I just noticed that this is in the wrong forum...sorry.

try this: BURN SLOWER. buning slower can be very impotant for audio cd's, and vcd/svcd's. Believe me.

I bet it will work then.

Quote:
try this: BURN SLOWER. buning slower can be very impotant for audio cd's, and vcd/svcd's. Believe me.

I bet it will work then.

The CD is a 16x speed and that is what I am burning at. It works fine except for the beginning of the first song.

Quote:
Why is this the case? I will try up[censored] Nero anyway.

BTW, I just noticed that this is in the wrong forum...sorry.

Sorry, I don't know why it's the case. I just do what works. Personally I think Nero is the best burning software out there, it has never messed up windows installing like other software has *cough*EasyCD Creator*cough*.

humojr me, and burn it slower anyways. try 4x then try 8x. When CD's burn, they have errors. it happens always. Data cd's use crc correction which is burned onto the disk to ensure a reliably read. CD audio has no such crc checking, and lsower burning means less errors. the same is especially true for VCD and SVCD. They rely on the mpeg error correction rather than CD crc correction, which yields an extra 100 MB disk space.

(thats right, data cd's use 100 MB for crc error correction, and cd audio uses none)

the same goes for ripping. Im not kidding, rip them slow.......

Hmm, your still using Nero 5.5.9.13. I say you might want to upgrade it to 5.5.10.20 first. If that doesnt work, try the rip it off via CDex or RazerLAME. Some time that work out better.