Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Sony trying to screw people out of rebates

Well this is the first time i have had this happen but it gets me mad none the less.

I bought a Sony 48x24x48 CD-RW at best buy and was eligable for a $20 mail in rebate. The rebate is good for a drive purchased from 1/10/03 until 03/31/03. The rebate has to be mailed by 04/30/03. Well it is March 15th today and i get a reply card that says it was not postmarked in time. Last time i checked April 30th is still over 1 month away. So needless to say I am going to get to the bottom of this. I am going to get my $20 one way or another.

Best Buy is notorious for having rebate issues. I would suggest you talk to a manager there next time you're in, as they will often refund the rebate amount...

...If you complain loud enough, that is...

Good luck.

This rebate is through sony not Best Buy. I called em today and they appologized for their F-up.

THC, Sony did the same exact thing to me on a rebate for a CD-RW. I bought the dang thing cause I was getting a rebate. However, I mailed it in soon after purchase and they said that the date for rebate had passed even though on the rebate ticket it said clearly that it hadn't. It really annoyed me and I called them several times but never got anywhere with them. I finally said screw it. Last time i ever buy a Sony CD-RW. It's chewed a few of my cd's along the way as well (scratching them to heck). I am ready to ditch the thing. frown Sony CD-RW's suck.

my next upgrade after i get a processor and a set of speakers is going to be a DVD-RW or is that DVD+RW whatever.. i have heard the "-" standard is better. Though why cant they just agree on one darn format >:| ;(