Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Error message opening Winamp; MSVCR70.dll can't be found.

I get a error message when I open Winamp V3 "A DLL MSVCR70.dll can't be found at the specifyed path". The program runs ok as far as mp3 files though. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but the same thing.

I have another bootable HD on the same computer and it opens fine there. I'm running 2k w/sp3. I did a search for this dll in the good drive but nothing comes up.

There is no "T" in MSVCR70.dll. I checked it again. Thw whole error message lists 10 different locations where this file can't be found most of which are in the WINNT folder. I have ULead Video Studio V6 installed and that is one of the locations where this dll isn't found!

In the good drive with no error message, why can't I find that dll if it is needed?

Installed MS .Net SDK lately?

Quote:
Thw whole error message lists 10 different locations where this file can't be found most of which are in the WINNT folder.

It just pointed that the PATH doesn't contain specified dll, so, putting this dll into any of those locations would solve your problem. Anyway, it would be best to copy it into System32 directory..

Quote:
No, whatever that is.

I got that file from another forum's post and put it in the Winamp folder and the error message is gone.

Thing is, I don't understand why it was needed since the other bootable drive in the same box never had that message and both drives run 2k and that file isn't in the other drive either. I used the same version of Winamp qand installed the same options (not all) as far as I remember.

If the plug-in was written properly I wouldn't of needed it!

The thing doesn't work anyway! Lamo of the year award!

Quote:
Quote:

Uh-huh... there WE go...!!! As I suspected above, not being sure of that runtime engine's name...

The "attack of the 50-foot .NET runtime engine" lol...

I wasn't going anywhere... A friend of mine had a similar problem and, as I can recall it, it had something to do with .net sdk he had installed earlier..

Quote:
(...) Yea... that's why I prefer using Borland Delphi & it's default "statically linked" .VCL vs. MSVC++ & VB's "dynamically loaded" .OCX ActiveX methods of programming. Delphi's faster due to that design (and other things about it) & less parts to distribute (or to forget to distribute like it looks like in your case).

Plus it CAN be cross-platform.. (I'm talking about Kylix here)

Quote:
Aha, so it WAS a plug-in to it then, eh?
Yes, it was. I never thought of that, all I thought of was the install options of the program itself.