Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bogo

Cannot import foreign disk

Well my problem is that i cant import a dynamic disk back. Evrytime i try to importit , it says that i should check my event viewer and there i have 2 errors that i cant make much sence out of it :

1. Unspecified error (80004005).

2.INTERNAL Error - The disk group contains no valid configuration copies (C10000B6).

Is there anything i can do to resolve this problem and if sow how.

My os : Win Xp sp1

Yes they are. They are Ntfs and it worked before i changed it to a diffrent computer and put it back.

I have the same problem, does anyone here know how to resolve this?

Is this disk a part of a software RAID? If so, then you'll have to import all the disks in the RAID then break the array.

I think, anyway. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Somehow, by setting up a hardware raid 1 the LDM of both disks seems to have gotten corrupted. I removed the raid 1 and installed win again on one of the disks. The other disk wich contains all my data appears as foreign in my hdds list. I get the above error (INTERNAL Error - The disk group contains no valid configuration copies (C10000B6)) when I try to import the disk.

I'm pretty sure all the data is still on it, but I can't access it.

Since it was in RAID 1, you will not be able to access the data in windows because it is missing the RAID configuration bit (so that it doesn't know how to access the data). You *MIGHT* be able to use Ghost or Knoppix to move the data off the drive, but I haven't ever tried that in the past.

Good luck!

Originally posted by MrOzzy:

Quote:
fixed it. I got all my data back using R-Studio.

Yes, R-Studio strikes again laugh

I just love this app for many different reasons including the one you just used it for wink

Solution :

sorry for my bad english

I was having this error will triing to import a 6hd soft raid-5 in windows 2003. The array was created in windows 2000 server and had already being imported sucessfully on this computer before , But this time the activation of the drive and/or activation off the array was doing nothing and/or the same error you had. I was probably pluging the array without the exact same master/slave/controlers config.

The windows help database state that you have to import raid array with all the hard drive to be always suscesful. And in windows, the same hard-disk with different master/slave/ controler config is view as another hd.

So! basicly, you have to really make windows forget about all you hard drives, and after import the "new" array that windows don't have a clue that existed before.

1- Unplug all the hard drive of the array

2- Run those 3 commands

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

cd %SystemRoot%\System32

start devmgmt.msc

Device manager will open, now go in view/show hidden device

Now on , you can view all the "ghosted" devices. Devices that was, once upon a time , connected to your computer.

Delete all the hard drive that are not connected righ now

3- Plug back your hard drive

4- Import your aray

5- Pray "not mandatory"

Well my problem is that i cant import a dynamic disk back. Evrytime i try to importit , it says that i should check my event viewer and there i have 2 errors that i cant make much sence out of it :

1. Unspecified error (80004005).

2.INTERNAL Error - The disk group contains no valid configuration copies (C10000B6).

Is there anything i can do to resolve this problem and if sow how.

My os : Win 2000

This came about after my computer crusshed. I use Raid 5 with 2 logical drives. after inslalling windows iam only able to see logical drive 0 (C:) the atherone id dynamic /foreign. this is where my data is...... i need my data

Please help

Can i use R-studio and how do i get hold of it in the shortes time possible