Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Atrik

Bought a new car today: Opinions?

I traded in the Grand Cherokee on this a couple of weeks ago. I got a brand new 2002 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 (Aspen White, like in the picture) and they were fairly "motivated" to sell it. As for any vehicles holding value, that's a thing of the past. The company I work for sells automotive components, and we have been selling a great deal of them due to high demand for new vehicles. Unfortunately, as new car prices have dropped and financing is both easy to get and very, very low (to non-existent), this makes used car sales slow down a lot which in turn reduces the value of these cars. I mean really, if you could buy a new car for a bit more than a used one, but get great payments AND 0% APR, what would you do? The last 3 cars I bought have been with zero down, and the Lancer I got my wife came with low APR and a year with no payments and no interest. So, as stated earlier, now is a great time to buy a car.

sb2003imprezasedan01.jpg

i checked out autoweb also and they didnt seem to have the "special" deals. the local dealers are giving 0% or 4k$ for up to 60 months for the intrepid (21k new) and 2.9% on the stratus (18k new). i like the 240horse intrepid but i would rather stick with the 350z.

(marriage and freakin children dont'cha'know)

Well I'm very happy for you as it looks like a really nice car, however I have no idea what it's like as the only American cars I know are either from the 70's or a Lincoln or a Jeep.

I'm currently torn as I have the opportunity to buy a Ford Fairlane Ghia 5.0L Supercharged V8, (which for those who don't know I guess would be something like our equivalent of a Lincoln Town Car) with all the bells etc like Climate Control, Power Windows, Power/Heated Seats, Self-levelling suspension, cruise control, factory cd-stacker and speakers inc sub-woofer, wood grain highlights, all grey leather cow interior, whale skin hubcaps and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, white, one owner since new and only 70,000kms for $AU20,500.

My Father tells me I'm stupid cause of the fuel and insurance bills (especially since I'm only 23 and 25 is the insurance price drop year) but damn it, it's a SUPERCHARGED V8 and I've been driving a 4cyl Nissan since I was 16 (but we have brand new Ford and GM cars at work so I get my kicks there).

Thus I seek opinions? I also seek to detract from AlecStaar's glory as he now has a nice car and I don't and I'm jealous. laugh

Felix, I had an Olds Delta 88 with tons of options and everything too, but your dad is right about the gas consumption (a total pig around town, somewhere around 14mpg) and the supercharger can give you hassles with insurance. Also, with larger cars, you will probably *need* the supercharger just to move the car to begin with. Have you thought about some other imports? What about hopping up the existing Nissan with a new JDM motor and/or a turbo? You can still keep the drivability and gas mileage, while the car is already insured as a non-turbo. BTW, what's fuel cost out there? It's about $1.80US per gallon for 93 octane, while 87 octane (regular unleaded) is about $1.60US per gallon.

it's funny cause i went to look for a new car last weekend

they had a stratus r/t on the lot... red

i bought it.

even though i hate the color it's cheaper than the 300zx

im getting used to it but it's a darn nice car.

too funny huh we bought the same car within a couple a weeks