Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nick601

Laptop XP Problem

yeah

for a start its a laptop, i only have one and therefore cannot test it on anyother machine

i ran the memtest and all 256mb ram had an error on it - but like i said i have had this memory running successfully before its only since the bios was flashed that the error was occuring

when the POST boot takes place (when the laptop is turned on) the following error occurs

0232 extended ram failed at offset: 1B

1st enter the bios and load default settings (always do that after a flash)

if that doesnt fix the error

load the old bios and we will work from there

im 99% positive it's a acpi problem because the lappy was made before acpi.

ok im not suer where to find the default settings in this bios, its a phoenix bios is there a shortcut key to press??

also wheres the old bios???

ok i have resorted to going back to an old version of the bios, the oldest one that was on the samsung site.

my memory problems hav disappeared and im installing XP now but im not holding out much hope if im honest!!

thanks for all your help

Nick

ive been thru the samsung site and they arent very forthcoming on information and thier bios updates are way behind the times.

i think without giving the unit up to a tech for some trial and error stuff we might have taken this as far as we can.

unless anyone else can come up with a xp specific idea

the problem with the old laptops is that the bios was setup before acpi

so they need to be updated for xp. i will keep this samsung thing in mind in case i come across it again.