Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

Problems with windows Desktop.... goes away and gets 'wiped'

Hi,

Im having a proble w/ my instalation of XP that I cant seem to fix. I'm using a powertoy called Virtual Desktop Manager, or something like that, and whenever I switch to another desktop, the background becomes volitile.... when i drag windows around, for example, it will "wipe" upthe background. What gives? This never use to happen before, in fact switchning desktops use to work great.

I've tried new and old video drivers but to no avail....tried a system restore but to no avail.

I'm all out of ideas. Virtual desktops is important to me as I am use to running 19x14 on a 21" crt, but now I can only run 12x10 on an 18" lcd and its hell....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-oXide{

P4 2.5ghz

Asus, i850

Rambus

Geforce4

Ultra160

};

It means the desktop manager software is crashing on you.

when a program freezes like that, the wipig effect will often be evident when dragging windows in front. This applies to all applications, not just whatever funky desktop softare you are running.

My suggestion? Lose it, and or email the authors for support.

Hmm,

sO I tried to reinstall it and it doesnt seem to have any positive effects. Ill try a "clean uninstall" and look for all its remniants around the drive and in the registry but for some reason I dont think thats the problem....

Switching desktops seems to work...in work I mean I can get to one desktop to another but in every case, we get this strange backjground problem. I'm assuming the memory is getting currupter somewhere? Do you guys know where an application like this would store the desktops? System memory or video memory? If its vid mem maybe I can flash the BIOS on my geforce to something more recent and see if that has any effects since the BIOS I'm running now is an engineering release...

If not, do you guys know of any applications that are similar to this power toy that I could use instead? MAybe I could try those and if I get the same problem we know its something more ill than an app issue

Thanks

-oXide