Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cknyc

Generic wheel mouse problem

I installed win2k on a gateway p2 450w/128 megs ram, build 2183. It rund beautifully. Only problem is that the mouse wheel doesnt work. i ahve it set to assume it is present and in windows it says microsoft ps2 mouse. ANyone know what i should do to get the wheel. I tried looking at the other drivers but it doesnt have drivers for wheel mice i guess it just assumes its there.

Which company makes the mouse? Is it Logitech or Microsoft? Both of 'em have now drivers that work well in Win2k. If u hve some generick mouse try installing Logitech drivers. Log. OEM's a lot, so tones of mices are actualy made my Log. but carry differnet name.

Well, he said it was coming up as a MS ps/2 mouse, and my Intellimouse does that, too. My wheel worked properly, though, so I can't say.

Maybe you could try installing Intellipoint. That usually helps when the mouse is being a slut. smile.gif

I-point 3 will be the best, if you can get it, but 2.<whatever> should work fine for you.

thanks for the suggestions, I have tried the logitech drivers that are in win2k and they make the mouse work but they dont scroll they move the cursor. Now all i need to do is assign the wheel to scrolling.

Windows 2195.3 / Firstmouse + - listed as PS/2 Compatible Mouse. Scroll works fine on the active window. You say the logitech drivers work, does that mean that Mouseware will run on windows 2000 now? Llllllet's hope it shall some day....