Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David1982

Exchange 2000 Enterprise Help

I really hope someone can help me on this one. I think I am having a major brain fart here. But I have Advanced Server running on my Box and am trying to set up Exchange on it. But I go to administration tool and it asks what server to connect to. What would I put in there? I have tried everything. I don't ever remember creating one. Yes I have put in the domain that the Server is built around. Is there somewhere that anyone knows of where I can find this server name? Any Ideas?

And here is another question where is the "any" key? LOL J/k

Thanks for informing the dumb.

David

"But I go to administration tool" ... you talking about System Manager, ADUC, or which tool??

Generally, when win2k asks you for the server to connect to ... you would put in the FQDN.

OK, I think I might need you to paint a better picture for me here. I see "Exchange 2000 Enterprise" in the title, but you are using the Exchange 5.5 admin tool? Also, if that's the case, use the NetBIOS name of the Exchange 5.5 server in question (or try pinging mail.yourdomain.com to see what the IP is and then do a reverse lookup on it to get the name).

Unless your using 5.5 and 2000 in a mixed mode environment for exchange, why would you use the 5.5 administrative tools when all you need is System Manager, ADUC, as your primary tools to administrator your Exchange 2000 Server?

Might wanna talk another look into what you are trying to do David1982.