Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Superdan

Goofy Mouse Prob...

Your not gonna believe this...build 2183, Asus P3B-F, Logitech 3 button...All was fine until yesterday. My mouse works fine on the right side of the screen. But sticks (freezes for a sec) on the LEFT side...I told you, it's hard to believe...I've noticed that the hang always occurs when moving it to the left, and if I continue to slowly move it left, continues to hang. As soon as I move it to the right, it immediately releases again. Hmm. No viruses, nothing unusual running in task manager, nothing changed since yesterday...

Motherboard? Corrupted mouse driver? I am running a full Thrustmaster stick set, but I've never had this prob before. I figured one of our resident guru's might shed some insight for me.

Thanks in advance.

talk about hard to believe, maybe aliens switched your mouse, or your mouse is trying to take over your computer.. or more realisticly.. you may need to clean the goddam mouse ball ..lol

chameleon

If it is ...

a cordless mouse then the Remote sensor is too near the mouse.

Believe it or not, it helps to put something in front of the sensor to block it a little. It is Radio technology, so it does not need a view like Infra-red.

If it is not ...

a cordless mouse then hmmm ...

Yea, good point ...

Cleaning your balls might help too but I thought that was obvious, so I did not mention it.

Ok screw you guys, cleaning your balls is where I draw the line, I'm going home!

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 27 December 1999).]

Very good comments all, But I have a very strict ball-cleaning schedule. In fact, before I posted my comments, I made sure I was not caught with in a potentially embarrasing position of having crud on my....well, you get the idea. :-)

I did the re-boot boogey several times, each time verified the same condition. Finally, stopped horking up on it's own...go figure. I think it's those nasty Ruskies, or Talibans or whom ever the bad guys are these days.....

Thanks for the laughs

2183 has problems with DirectInput and other mouse related problems that seen to be fixed in 2194-2195.3 is there anyway that you can get your mouse to download a newer copy of win2k for you ( talk nicley to it ) I bet a newer build will fix your problem . . .

Thats my $0.02 worth ( over here in my land its really $0.0000001 worth )

=ew

Well, while I am a MCSP, you think I would have immediate access to the latest and greatest...but the release build has not yet been posted to Microsoft's Subscirber download site yet...suck...