Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Need advice purchasing CPU/Motherboard setup!

Well guys in the end i came to my senses and went for 2.533ghz 533mhz P4 with Asus P4S533-E with 512mb Samsung 333mhz ram.

And i am putting my gf4 off till xmas coz they sold out.

laugh

Quote:
Well guys in the end i came to my senses and went for 2.533ghz 533mhz P4 with Asus P4S533-E with 512mb Samsung 333mhz ram.

There's no reason to get the 333MHz RAM unless you plan on overclocking, that board runs DDR 266.

Well got my P4 and board and put it together and the only thing i can say about it is AMAZING!!!!

The system is so much more responsive than any AMD system i have :D, i dont mean speed wise, it just feels nicer to use. Like when you drive a car, some are nicer to drive and make you feel comfortable, etc while others feel weird and you cant pin point the exact problem. Anyway i love the P4's standby, i thought it had turned off altogether but when on standby it turns off all fans,etc "WOOW" smile

And i thought what the hell and ordered my Sony 21" Trinitron Monitor and a Creative GF4 Ti4600 now :x

Never been any happier with any other computer 8)

The Intel systems are very snappy indeed, and they take less additional drivers to accomplish optimum performance. Basically, it's a lot less hassle to maintain. You'll appreciate this more and more as you install new software.

smile

Well i only have Unreal Tournament on it so far and all my drivers, i shud have my GF4 tomorrow so i am looking forward to this :D, Cant wait to see it running things like medal of honor. Thanx guyz for all your help!

I'm more than happy with this system.

Welcome to the club.

I just ordered a 3rd machine

AMD though with an Nvidia Chip.

Make a nice little server

Whats the diff between the price of a G4 4600 and an ATI 9700 PRO?

if not much go ATI - as it has more power smile

check out my new work comp i am getting!!

VVVVVVVV

I was gonna go ATi but its £70 more and it has problems running some games and also i found out it has problems displaying textures in UT2003

I thought id go GF4 and im happy with it.

Also they sold out of the 21" Sony Monitors so im waiting to see if they get anymore in and if not im gonna go for a 19" Philips (the worlds smallest CRT monitor with a front to back space requirement 8) )