Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

To Admin: Email Change

To admin, I need to change my email in my profile, but when I try to do so it says that the email is registered to another user. Strange thing is, is that I just created this address (at Excite.com) a few days ago. So its impossible for someone else to have it.

Actually that is not true.

Excite like Hotmail and the like periodically delete e-mail addresses that are no longer in use.

I believe that with Hotmail that happens after three months of a mailbox being inactive (nobody logging in to it).

So, although you created a new address, there is a possability that somebody had that address ages ago, Excite cleaned up the database and you then re-created it.

Although you have to ask what are the chances of you creating an e-mail that has been removed from their database that somebody else once owned who just happened to have used that address to register here - I'm sure somebody with a better mathmatical head on their shoudlers can tell me that one smile

Quote:
To admin, I need to change my email in my profile, but when I try to do so it says that the email is registered to another user. Strange thing is, is that I just created this address (at Excite.com) a few days ago. So its impossible for someone else to have it.

Please send me an email with details (e.g. your new email address) and I check it out.

Thanks Phillip, I just sent you an email by clicking the email button in your profile.