Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
javajeff

Nvidia 40.72 & Games

I tried the Nvidia 40.72 with Links 2003. After installing the Nvidia 40.72, Links 2003 ran fast...however, I started to get some video glitches. The glitches seems to occur when changes were made on the screen...like moving the pointer around or having dialog boxes popup. The gameplay was fine, but it was not as good as the previous driver versions. I have not tried these with all my games yet. Has anyone else noticed problems with these drivers?

Regards,

javajeff

Yep... Although performance has noticeably increased in some games (NFS: HP2 for example), it seems these drivers (40.72 WHQL) have compatibility issues. When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

I got the 41.03 betas and all the issues in the 40.xx series seem to have cleared up. I too was having the issue in Lord of the Rings and 41.03 fixed that without going backward in drivers.

Quote:
When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

Same problem here, BTW, what do you think of the game? I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it, due to the video problem. And yes, I am too lazy to change my video driver... I hate rebooting!

laugh

Got the same problem in Lord of the rings with these new drivers... works fine othewise though...

Quote:
Quote:
When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

Same problem here, BTW, what do you think of the game? I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it, due to the video problem. And yes, I am too lazy to change my video driver... I hate rebooting!

laugh

The funny part is, while the Fellowship 1.1 patch claims to fix the recent texture flashing problems; refuse to in actuality on 40.XX drivers.