Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karen Lawson

Final Fantasy VII Bugenhagen Observatory problem

I have installed all suggested patches including the patch for the Chocobo race. Everything has been running fine. I am in the Cosmo City and the party is with Bugenhagen in the observatory. He starts to show us his planet charts and we have the usual dialog, then he says to watch this. I get the first words in white and then everything hangs. Is there a patch for this? I am running Windows 2000. frown

If you are using a CD then yes there is a patch for this. YOu can download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/20355534/1._ff7_v1.02_official_patch.zip.html

If you are using the Ultima Edition(which most people do). There are a number of solutions you can try.

1.Open up FF7 Configuration. And under the Graphics tab, change the Display to software render. Do not use Direct 3D until you are past this part. Also change your resolution to 320x.

2.You can download that Patch, but it requires a CD. You can fake that by, by using a fake image CD. I have not yet found a CD Crack that works for that patch yet.

This problem is usually caused by installing the FF7 XP Patch. I would also recommend upgrading to Windows XP Home Edition, Pro Edition would be the best. Vista fails hard for gaming, so I do not recommend that. If this still doesn't work write me at:

aaron2008xyahoo.com