Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EoRaptor

2 Questions: ACPI and AGP

Just 2 quick questions.

I installed 2195.1, but it doesn't seem to have used my ACPI bios, instead falling back on my PnP bios. Is there anythign I had to do during setup to enable it? (Under 98 you have to use a command line switch) ACPI works fine for me under 98SE on my BH6.

Running DXDiag on my Rage 128, I see that AGP is disabled, and under device manager, it reports my card as being on PCI bus 1. Is there anything I missed here? Or is it a limitation of the drivers that ship with 2000?

(I hate microsoft mouse drivers, no pixel precision at all, argh! Please, Logitech, update your drivers with 2k support.. )

Sorry But BH6 dosen't support Full ACPI.

I say agine Microsoft didn't write any of the drivers for hardware, but Logitech did.

They only enabled 1x mode some other have 2x mode enable.

I'm not sure what you mean by full ACPI. You can enable it in the BIOS, and using the 'setup /p j' option on 98SE works just fine. That's why i wondered about 2k not doing it.

Oh well, one can hope that ATi will actually write working drivers for 2k, but there track record for the Rage128 is abysmal, so i'm not hopefull.

(The mouse driver was just a gripe, they have the worst series of drivers, if you crank the mouse pointer acceleration up on their drivers, the mouse stair steps all the time, whereas the same setting on the logitech drivers for 9x don't do it, even on identcial hardware. This makes programs like pshop useless using the microsoft mouse drivers. The mouse itself is a ps/2 intellipoint wheel)

That what I mean under Win98 you have to Focre it to work, witch didn't work for me some poeple got lucky.

ACPI on the BH6 is not Compatible.

By the witch board rev do you got 1.0 or 1.1 ? mine 1.0.

If try to Focre it run Windows2000 you get a BSOD where Win98 is Micky Mouse OS.

ATI all ready said there will have drivers with all ect stuff http://support.ati.com/faq/win2k.html.

Are you use Logitech PS/2 port Mouse, in Mouse Properties under Hardware ? if not change it.

Why I ask you mine other with Logitech PS/2 with Wheel don't dew this.

Adobe only got 2 Compatible Software

GoLive, English, Ver. 4 & PageMill, English, Ver. 2

I like know did you dew a upgrade or full new install ?.

Argh.. That means I get to waste an IRQ under 2k till I scrap 98SE. I wonder if Abit could fix it witha bios update...

I already know ATi's policy on new drivers, but I don't trust them. Their 98 and NT drivers for the Rage128 have been a joke, and I doubt their 2k drivers will be out for another 6 months, and probably won't work even then.

The mouse is a Genuine Microsoft Intellimouse PS/2. The main problem I have is the fact that if I increase the "Motion" setting anywhere towards fast, the mouse loses it's accuracy. (it cannot be moved less than 3 or 4 pixels, in effect, jumping around on the screen, no matter how tiny the movements I make physicaly). Under 98, the Intellipoint 3 software did the same thing, but the Logitech Mouseware drivers did not, so I was happily using them. Thus my gripe about bad Microsoft mouse drivers, and the hope that logitech releases 2k mouse drivers, because there's work, and MS's don't.

Yup that rigth you are waste an IRQ,

I would not count on a bios fix.

But if want to shut down just like Win98 all need to do is turn on APM,

Here how to do it go to Display Properties | Screen Saver click on Power Button now goto APM check the Box all done now your system can shut down & turn it self off.

What is Full name of your Mouse on the Box ?.

If you got a Logitech mouse it will on the under side of ware Ball is.

is say some like this

"Logitech MouseMan ®Wheel"