Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cknyc

TNT2U win2k Drivers please that support all 3 api's

I am borrowing tomb raider 4 from a friend and i am using old aopen 210 drivers that work great with win2k(opengl and direct draw) now i need d3d also is there a set of drivers that does all 3 good?

I use 3.64 drivers under 2183 to play Q3A under OpenGL and FreeSpace2 under D3D - plus using DirectDraw for MediaPlayer and QuickTime.

I just have to remember to shut down the Distributed.Net client first . . .

i havent tried those, i forgot to mentio ni use rc2, i dl 2183 took about 17hours but i would get a plug an play manager error in the applications log every time i would boot up so i went back..

You'll have to use 3.56 or earlier. After 3.56 states (on Nvidia developer site) you'll need build 2169 or 2183.

how well do the 3.6x drivers work, Im looking for 2195, so i will be able to use the new drivers. im using hte 1.89 driver revision. Im pretty happy with it. Im hoping the newer ones will squeeze out a few more fps but i doubt it.

I just got 2183 working correctly it didnt seem to like being installed over rc2, anyway now with the new 3.65 drivers q3 seems slower.

actaully i played around with em a little more and they work great... I can now use both processors in Q3 and at 640x480 i get too many fps, Boys watch out the fragmaster is in the house...

Well i tried it again and i got a locked pages blue screen...

[This message has been edited by cknyc (edited 18 December 1999).]