Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

A printer configuration question...

Recently we had to re-install a printer on one of our systems. We use this dot matrix printer for a DOS based database program called DME. (Durable Medical Equipment) Trying to get my company to update to a windows based program, but anyway here is my prob:

Before the re-installation of the printer drivers, we were able to tell the computer to print something and a progress bar would move VERY fast from 0 to 100% and store what were printing in the print queue allowing us to continbue working or proceed to print something else.

Now after the re-installation of the drivers the printer now prints as the progress bar moves up and no longer allows us to move on. We have to wait for the bar to reach 100% before the printer stops and allows us to continue.

Now is there some sort of config that got set back to default that might be the cause of this. No printer settings were changed within the DME program, so I "assume" it is a setting elsewhere.

I hope someone can help, we are losing time/efficiency.

LOL, I have one site that I manage that use software from "CAU" for their DME mgmt. It's this crappy COBOL-based program that uses a screwball db and can throw up all kinds of wonderful (and cryptic, and worthless) errors. In any case, have you looked at the printer properties for spool settings? Usually under the "Advanced" tab you'll have the option to start printing after it has been spooled, print while spooling, or print directly to the printer. Just try adjusting those and see if they help.