Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Which is better? Sygate Firewall or Norton Internet Security

i really like norton but i havent figured out a way to backup firewall rules. default rules are very very nice but special rules and blocking popup script from specific websites have to be redone when i reinstall the os

the coolest thing about it is that default setup is very safe and it'll block everything... including program loopbacks

it's the easiest way to figure out what progs are accessing the net. sniff out normal progs like wmp when it sends things out without u even knowing about it.

Hi...

Sorry because this is probably not the right place to post this question but anyway:

I've done this before but since I reinstalled my WindowsXP Pro and Norton Firewall 2002, the Firewall won't let me to access my IISs from any computer outside my network...

As far as I remember (from the previous system) when I try to accesss my FTP or WEB server I am asked for the first time if I shuld allowed or block this kind of connection... But now the connection is just refused and I was never asked to allow or block it.

I can't just go and allow ports such as 21 and 80 because they will be open for any application... So how do I manually allow the access to my IIS?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And the second problem is that access to my Remote Desktop is refused too... I don't even know what port is used for this connection... and it is probably changing... So how do I allow Remote Desktop service in Norton Firewall?

Thanks,

Zone Alarm. Definitely. Free version is good enough on itself and paid even better and costs fraction of others. Check out Leaktest (Google search) and their comments on firewalls.

'cept that i've hacked into zonealarm systems

frown

their main problem is that they put critical security settings in the registry

ive never been able to hack a norton system.

Zone alarm gives you a bit more control then Norton anyway.

Norton 2003 coming out soon tho..

Might check it out.